You are here
Precise approach to Update QuickBooks Desktop to 2022
Small and medium scaled business owners trust QuickBooks with their accounting needs and to keep their financial info guarded and secured. To improve the security of clients' data and provide them with a seamless, error-free experience, QuickBooks releases new updates for the whole software and individual components within it. One such update is to Update QuickBooks Desktop to 2022. So to avoid any glitches after or before you update QuickBooks to a newer version, follow the process elaborated in this blog.
Precautions and Prerequisites before you Update QuickBooks Desktop to a Later Version
Before the reader carries out the Update of QuickBooks Desktop, it is essential to know that the QuickBooks company file should also be updated to the latest version, as a newer QuickBooks will not open an older QuickBooks company file or vice versa.
The other essential thing is to log in with the admin account into the system when you have decided to perform the update.
Lastly, make a portable company file and sort the lists of Vendors, Employees, Customers, Items, and the chart of accounts prior to carrying out the QuickBooks 2022 Update.
Read more :- QuickBooks code 19062 00238
Strategy to Update QuickBooks Desktop 2022
Stage 1: Arrangements to Prepare the Company File
- Initiate the freshly downloaded QuickBooks 2022 software mentioned in the above instructions and open the desired company that needs updating.
- The F2 button of the keyboard needs to be pressed for an extended interval until the Product Information window pops up.
- Arrive at the File Information column and note down the path of the site where the company file is saved.
- Perform the Rebuild operation on the company file, so it becomes ready for the update.
Stage 2: Update QuickBooks to the Latest Version
- Firstly, make all users log out from the company file except the computer where the update needs to take place.
- Initiate the freshly downloaded QuickBooks software mentioned in the above instructions.
- Further, hit the Open or Restore Company resort which can be found in the File menu.
- Afterward, tap the Open a Company File icon and click Next.
- Suppose you have a backup company file (.QBB) instead of the company file (.QBW). Then, you must click Restore a back copy and Local backup alternatives, respectively.
- Next, navigate the PC to locate and open the company file.
- Utilize the login info of the admin account to enter within the company file.
- The above operations will prompt QuickBooks to automatically commence the backup of your company file and then choose a suitable site to save this file by clicking Change this default location option.
- Spark off the desired update by tapping the Update Now alternative.
- Lastly, as the update is accomplished, hit the Done box.
Hopefully, the Update QuickBooks Desktop to 2022 operation was successfully performed, and the company file works in cognizance of QuickBooks. However, if you need further assistance to Update QuickBooks Desktop or the Company File or have other issues in QuickBooks, dial +1 855-948-3646 and get it sorted out by our accounting experts over a phone call.
Related article :- Message code 2501 QuickBooks