You are here
Practical Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 15106
- 1 read
The Windows Installer is a part of the software that helps install and uninstall programs and updates on the Windows operating system. When the installer gets corrupted, some applications start showing errors during the update. QuickBooks Error Code 15106, which is one of the most common 15XXX series of errors that affects QuickBooks, is a result of this. There are various reasons that evoke errors while updating payroll or installing QuickBooks updates, and error 15106 arises when due, for some reason QuickBooks installer file gets corrupt or the user does not have the needed permission to perform the update on Windows. Now, this error can be resolved if you follow the right steps, which have been further mentioned in this article.
Has QuickBooks Error Code 15106 Completely overtaken your system? Contact our experts at +1.855.738.0359 to get immediate technical assistance.
Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Payroll Unable to Update Error 15106
One can try to eliminate this error in QuickBooks using the solutions listed below:
Solution 1: Turn off User Account Control to Resolve the Error
Simply turning off the user account control can help you in resolving the issue.
- Start by pressing the windows + R tabs by opening the run box.
- Now press enter in the control panel and also tap on the ok tab.
- Opt for the user account and click on change user account control settings.
- Also note that if you are getting any prompt by UAC, then click on the yes tab.
- Further, move the slider, and if you wish to set it to Turn UAC OFF, then it is recommended to click on Never notify and go for the Ok tab.
- Now to turn the UAC ON, opt for the Always notify, click Ok and restart the system.
Read more: QuickBooks Connections has been lost
Solution 2: Uninstall the Antivirus program and rename the folder to Rectify the Error
Implement this solution by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, open the Task manager by hitting Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Head to the Processes tab and then look for the antivirus in the system.
- Now Go for the end process tab.
- Also note that if you are getting any issues while performing the task, then it is crucial to uninstall the antivirus application.
- Next, rename the QuickBooks update folder and open the file explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys.
- Now, move to the C:\Program files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)\Components (for 32 but users).
- For 64-bit users, the path C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit\ QuickBooks (year)\Components is to be chosen.
- Right-click the downloadqbXX folder > select rename option.
- The XX stands for the version year of QuickBooks; now add the .old extension to the end of the name.
Also read: PS038 error in QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 3: Login with an Administrator Account on Your Computer to Eliminate the Error
Logging in with an administrator account can further help to eliminate this error; follow these steps to implement it.
- Press the Start button, choose Control Panel, or press Windows + R key.
- Type Control Panel in the Run Window and tap on Enter.
- Further choose User Accounts and Family Safety, and then tap on User Accounts.
- Click Manage another account and enter the admin password if prompted.
- You can now see the account type just below the name of the account.
We hope that this guide on QuickBooks Error Code 15106 was able to help you to eliminate this error. However, if the error persists, you can contact our experts at +1.855.738.0359
you may also read:
QuickBooks Print & Pdf Repair Tool
Add new comment