You are here
Practical Processes to Speedily Remove QuickBooks Error 73
- 2 reads
QuickBooks is an exceptional accounting platform for small and medium scaled businesses worldwide. It consists of many features, and one of its features is to handle QuickBooks over a server in a series of computers connected by a network so that you can carry out many of your accounting operations on different computers simultaneously to save time. But this sometimes creates problems for users by troubling them with errors like QuickBooks Error 73. In this blog, we shall discuss the details of QuickBooks Error 73 to eliminate it from the system.
An Explanation of QuickBooks Company File Error 73
Error 73 in QuickBooks occurs when the company file is saved on a storage device or the server and is being accessed by a number of workstations with incorrect hosting settings. Avoiding QuickBooks Desktop Error 73 in the future can be done by turning on hosting in the server computer and no other workstations. But to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 73 for now, follow the processes mentioned in this article.
Reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 73
Let us list down all the trigger points that invoke Error 73 when opening company file.
- Hosting could be enabled on workstations other than the server computer.
- Disabling the hosting operation in the server computer is a primary cause of Error 73 QuickBooks.
- The company file is being shared with workstations over a network with invalid settings.
- An unupdated QuickBooks application for a long time may result in QuickBooks Error 73.
- If QBCF Monitor Service is enabled on a workstation that doesn’t host the company file, this could result in QuickBooks Error Code 73.
Read more :- QuickBooks error 5502
Solutions to rectify QuickBooks Error 73
Solution1: Apply a Scan of Quick Fix My Program Utility
- Commence the Solution by downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub utility from the Intuit website if you have not already.
- Next, hit the automatically generated icon of Tool Hub after installation to open it.
- Further, when you are on the starting page of Tool Hub, hit the Program Issues alternative on the left.
- Then, click the green bezel representing the Quick Fix my Program utility.
- As a last action, click OK, start QuickBooks and open the company file to see if QuickBooks Error 73 prevails.
Solution 2: Restrict QBCF Monitor Service on workstations
- Begin the process with the simultaneous tap of Windows + R to launch the Run window.
- Write the word ‘services.msc’ in the allotted search space and tap the OK button.
- Further, navigate the list on the screen to double-click the QBCFMonitorService alternative to display its Properties.
- Afterward, modify the Startup type alternative as Disabled to stop its action.
- Click Apply and OK.
Hopefully, with the help of this blog, your QuickBooks Error 73 has vanished, and the company file has started working perfectly. However, if you need assistance to disappear QuickBooks Error 73, dial +1 855-948-3646 to talk to the best-in-class accounting experts for comprehensive guidance.
Related article :- QuickBooks error code 40001
Add new comment