You are here
Permanent Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
Some company file errors in QuickBooks can result from many issues in the program setup, integrity, and incorrect ways to open your company file. One such error is QuickBooks error 80070057, which once strikes, you can’t access the company file from the local storage of your system or the server. You might need to go through two different types of troubleshooting to resolve the error where the first one is the basic troubleshooting that you can perform on your own, and the latter is advanced troubleshooting for which you might seek experts assistance. So if you are also dealing with the same error and can’t get past the error message that reads “Error 80070057 (The parameter is incorrect),” go through the list of troubleshooting solutions in this article and try to resolve the error on your own.
If you don’t want to try your hands fixing QuickBooks issues because of data related concerns, contact QuickBooks Desktop technical support for help at 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 15215
What is Error 80070057, and Why does it Appear in QuickBooks?
Error 80070057 is a general error that affects QuickBooks and other programs that run on Windows. In the case of QuickBooks, the error 80070057 points out several different issues in the QuickBooks Desktop program that you can read below.
- QuickBooks company file must be opened within the QuickBooks Desktop program, and if you try to open it directly, you can meet error 80070057.
- Not having the QuickBooks Desktop updates installed makes it vulnerable to several errors, including QuickBooks error 80070057.
- The Windows user account you have logged in with does not have the admin rights required to perform several operations, including the operations with the company file.
Let’s now discuss the solutions by which we will first correctly open the company file, update QuickBooks Desktop, and run QuickBooks with admin permissions.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Fix Error 80070057 in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Access the QuickBooks Desktop Company File in a Correct Manner
- Close QuickBooks if it is already running on your system, and press and hold the Ctrl key.
- Now double-click the QuickBooks Desktop to open it and when you get the No Company Open screen, click the Browse option to select the company file.
- Follow the next troubleshooting solution if the company file still does not open or triggers the same error.
Solution 2: Get your QuickBooks Updated with the Latest Updates Released by Intuit
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop program while pressing the Ctrl key.
- On the No Company Open screen, click the Help tab and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Go to the Update Now tab and select the Get Updates option to prompt QuickBooks to connect with the update server to download the updates.
- Restart QuickBooks and click the Install Now button to begin the installation of downloaded updates.
If the error is still not resolved, try running QuickBooks with the administrative rights. For that, right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and select the Run as Administrator option and when prompted, enter the login credentials of the admin account. However, there are still some possibilities that you might re-encounter QuickBooks error 80070057 even after implementing all the solutions mentioned above. In that case, we suggest you reach QuickBooks Pro Advisor support at 1-855-856-0042 for advanced troubleshooting help.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 15311