Little known ways to obviate error “QuickBooks error 15222”
QuickBooks is a robust accounting enabling its users to keep track of their business meanwhile also keeping an eye on their respective bank accounts to build reconciliation and creating custom reports. Build with safe and reliable features for various small and medium level businesses, it flaunts a user-friendly interface that helps the users interact with QuickBooks with ease. However, sometimes, the users might encounter situations where they get stuck with software bugs. “QuickBooks error 15222” error code may occur while the user attempts to download updates for QuickBooks Desktop or Payroll services. It could mainly happen due to troubles with the Internet Explorer web browser. Besides, there are other causes for the same reason and it could be resolved using the appropriate measures mentioned in the subsequent blog topics.
On the contrary, the “QuickBooks error 15222” error code occasionally pops up on the user’s screen and is resolvable if certain remedies are adopted. However, if you have a relevant query, dial the helpdesk number 1-855-856-0042 for a bit of a better resolution.
Recommended to Read :
Why does “QuickBooks Error 15222” occur? | Causes
- While downloading the updates for payroll, the user has not updated the tax tables for payroll services.
- The user doesn’t own an actively enrolled payroll subscription.
- Some of the QuickBooks programs and/or services viz., ‘qbupdate.exe’, ‘qbw32.exe’ etc. are intervened to work actively within QuickBooks application.
Best remedies to adopt and execute to fix error “QuickBooks Error 15222”
Solution-1: Configure firewall and antivirus application to allow running QuickBooks programs
- Make sure to permit the QuickBooks programs/services ‘qbw32.exe’, ‘qbupdate.exe’ by adding these into the list of exclusions in both the firewall as well as any antivirus application on the machine.
- Also add the various web addresses/URLs which are associated with QuickBooks- ‘Intuit.com’, ‘Payroll.com’, ‘QuickBooks.com’.
Solution-2: Configure Microsoft Internet Explorer appropriately
- Quit ‘QuickBooks’.
- Right-click on the ‘Internet Explorer’ icon and select ‘Open’.
- On the command bar, locate and click on ‘Tools’.
- Navigate to ‘Internet Options’ in the drop-down.
- Go to the ‘General’ tab in the Internet Options window.
- Choose ‘Delete’.
- Click on ‘Temporary Internet Files’.
- Choose ‘Delete’ again.
- Navigate to the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Choose ‘LAN settings’.
- Ensure two things- First, Tick ‘Automatically detect settings’. Second, leave the proxy server fields blank.
- Click on ‘OK’ to proceed.
- Again, go to tabs.
- Click on ‘Advanced’.
- From the list below, checkmark ‘SSL 2.0’, ‘SSL 3.0’, ‘TLS 1.2’.
- Uncheck options ‘Check for publisher’s certificate’, ‘TLS 1.0’, and ‘TLS 1.1’.
If none of the above works, verify whether the payroll service key is valid and if not correct it to resolve the error.
Here, we are after the blog about the error written on the topic “QuickBooks error 15222”. We hope that the above-written post will prove to be the best self-help content for our users enabling them in determining and obviating the error. We believe that all our user's queries were appropriately handled and addressed. Notwithstanding, if you have an additional relevant query, dial the toll-free number 1-855-856-0042 for a bit of better technical assistance.