You are here
How to Transfer QuickBooks Desktop to Another Computer?
- 1 read
When a user is working on QuickBooks software, there comes a time when he wants to transfer the QuickBooks from old computer to new computer. There can be any reason behind this decision. A user can easily use the QuickBooks migrator tool to transfer QuickBooks software from their old to new computer with maximum three files, and if the user is using a US version of single-user QB desktop. When a user wants to do this, he should follow the steps below to reinstall or move the QB Desktop installation:
- Ensure that you have QuickBooks product and license information
- Uninstall your QuickBooks in order to reinstall it
- Download QB Installation files or you can also insert QB installation CD in your new PC
- Then, install QuickBooks Desktop.
For a chance, if you have QuickBooks license and product number but do not have QB installation files, then you can download them from Intuit website.
When a user re-installs or transfers QuickBooks to the new computer, then registration is required. User can register following the below steps:
- Go to ‘Help‘ in QuickBooks menu bar
- Click on ‘Register QuickBooks‘
- Enter ‘business phone number‘ and ‘postal code‘
- Once the information is complete, your QuickBooks will be registered
- Intuit will also record your ‘registration details‘ for the new computer
Add new comment