You are here
How to Setup Payroll Deduction in Quickbooks Desktop
QuickBooks suite allows employers to set up auto deductions from employee payroll. Quickly setup deduction in QuickBooks Payroll to automate your company payroll. Banks get payments from employee paycheck automatically and efficiently. Contact Payroll offers QuickBooks payroll support expert assistance.
Two Methods to Setup Deduction in QuickBooks Payroll
Health insurance, medical expense claim, retirement planning are some of the voluntary deductions that employees opt-in. Your payroll team can setup deduction in QuickBooks Payroll to streamline the payroll processing. If you want QuickBooks customer service to help you, Contact Payroll is here to help.
Method One: Steps for QuickBooks Online
1) Select “Employees” in the “Payroll” menu item.
2) You will see “Employee Name,” select that.
3) Besides the item “Pay,” select “Edit.”
4) Now, in the "Deduction" option, choose either of these "Add Deductions" or "Add a New Deduction.”
5) Select the "New Deduction” from the “Deductions” menu.
6) Now, select a “Deduction” type.
7) Enter the “Provider Name, ” as it should appear on the paycheck instrument.
8) Type in $ amount or % amount in the “Amount Per Pay Period” section.
9) If there is any “Company-paid Contribution,” follow the above process.
10) Click on “Done” to complete the process.
Method Two: Steps for QuickBooks Payroll
You may also setup deduction in QuickBooks Payroll following these steps:
1) After clicking on the "Settings" icon, tap on the "Payroll Settings."
2) Click on the "Pay Schedules" item.
3) You could see "Contributions" or "Deductions," select as you need.
4) You will see"Add a New Deduction, " select that.
5) Here could see the option to choose from a list of "Health Insurance, Retirement Plans, or Non-cash Taxable Benefits" from a menu box.
Setup deduction in QuickBooks Payroll while following the step-by-step guide from Contact Payroll. You may also get in touch with QuickBooks payroll support for QuickBooks customer service of Contact Payroll for accounting expert assistance.