You are here
How to Safely Resolve QuickBooks No Printer Installed Error?
Getting prints of the documents from QuickBooks is the fundamental need of a business. This simple action of printing directly from QuickBooks sometimes get affected by errors, and one such error is the “QuickBooks No Printer Installed” error message. Once you get this error message, it is obvious to wonder if your printer is connected to the system. Surprisingly, this error message has nothing to do with your printer's connection to the computer, and the real cause lies in the QuickBooks installation files. In the article below, we will be discussing the actual cause of the error and a few quick solutions that can be implemented to get the issue fixed. Keep reading the article until the end for complete info on getting rid of the “No Printer Installed” error message.
Sometimes basic troubleshooting isn’t enough to tackle complex QuickBooks errors, and in that case, users can reach QuickBooks support for help at 1-855-856-0042
Recommended to Read :
What Triggers “No Printer Installed” Error in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks requires additional files and processes to perform a print task, and one such file is QBPrint.qbp. This file saves the records of the information used to print forms, and if due to a recent change in the printer set up or Print One Form settings it got damaged, you get errors like “No Printer Installed” in QuickBooks. Resolving the error is quite simple, and all you need to do is repair the damage in the QBPrint.qbp file. Follow the instructions below for a quick fix.
How to Quickly Resolve Issues Printing from QuickBooks?
Solution 1: Recreate QBPrint.qbp File
- Open Windows Explorer and click Organize option from the left top corner.
- Select Folder and Search Option and go to the View tab.
- Now checkmark the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Now go to the QuickBooks installation folder and locate QBPrint.qbp file.
- Right-click the file and select rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name and rerun QuickBooks.
- Try to get the print once again and check if this solution helps you resolve the error.
If the error message re-appears, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tools
- Go to the official Intuit website and search QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Download it and save it to a location where you can easily find it later.
- Once the QuickBooks tool hub installer file is downloaded, go to the folder where the file is saved.
- Double-click the installer file and proceed further with the installation.
- Follow the installation prompts as they appear on the screen and complete the installation.
- Once installed, run it and go to the Program Problems tab.
- Select QuickBooks Print and PDF Repair Tool and follow the on-screen instructions to repair the damaged print components.
If for some reason, you are still getting a “QuickBooks No Printer Installed” error message, then this could be because of corruption in the Windows print drivers. Contact QuickBooks support team at 1-855-856-0042 for further help resolving the error.