How to resolve QuickBooks error H202
QuickBooks has been in lime-lights all over the world due to its remarkable features and the ability to handle a business seamlessly. Sometimes, the software can have errors from the H-series, like H202. So, if you have been a constant user of QuickBooks and cannot tackle it, you will know the methods of resolving QuickBooks Error H202.
Before proceeding with the procedure, let’s know what exactly is QuickBooks Error H202. Basically, this error occurs when QuickBooks Desktop attempts to create a connection with the company file but is unable to communicate with the server due to the following reasons:
- .nd file can be damaged or corrupted.
- There are some issues with QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- QuickBooks Desktop does not have the IP address of the host or server.
- DNS settings are not properly configured.
- Hosting settings are not correctly configured.
- The network can be poor.
These all reasons lead to the Quickbooks Error H202.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202:
- You are unable to switch to the multi-user mode.
- You are not able to locate the company file on another device.
- QB Error H202 message keeps popping on your screen repeatedly.
- The software freezes while using.
- Your system will lag a lot.
Methods to resolve the QuickBooks Error H202:
Method 1: Check your network connectivity
- Open Run Window using the (Windows + R ) button when you see the pop-up of H202 error.
- In the box, type CMD and click OK.
- Ping your server from your computer.
- Next, type the ping server’s name and hit the Enter key.
- If the process becomes slow, there could be a problem with the network; you need to connect to the network with excellent signal strength.
Method 2: Create a new folder for the QuickBooks company file
- Create a new folder on your device.
- Change the permission setting for the new folder and your QuickBooks company file to be shared.
- Now, Copy the new folder’s .qbw file using CTRL+C.
- In multi-user mode, you can open your company file.
Summing it up!
There are several methods to solve the QuickBooks Error H202. Accounting Error Solution provides all solutions regarding QB software. In case if the error persists, get it fixed from our QuickBooks Online Service.