You are here
How to resolve QuickBooks error Code 6000 77 in quick steps?
QuickBooks accounting software is quite easy to use, but it can sometimes lead to few errors, just like QuickBooks Error Code 6000 77. The QuickBooks error 6000 77 means that your company file is in the wrong folder. QuickBooks saves all of your company transactions and internet bank transfers in files with the extension .QBW (commonly called the QuickBooks company file). A file cannot be merged with other files; however, it can be copied and relocated to another location for backup purposes. When a company file is stored in the wrong location, a 6000 77 QuickBooks error can occur.
Ways To resolve Quickbooks error Code 6000 77:
Mentioned below some best ways to resolve Quickbooks error code 6000 77. Follow the solution further for more info:-
Solution 1: Relocate the company file
If the error is caused by the location of the company file, relocating it to the local drive may resolve the problem. To relocate the file, follow these steps:
- Go to the location where you saved the company file.
- Copy the File by right-clicking on it.
- Now go to your desktop and right-click on it.
- Select the file from the File menu in QuickBooks.
- Choose either Open or Restore Company File.
- After that, browse the company file.
Solution 2: Recreate Damaged Folder Causing QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- Create a new folder on the C: drive by opening it.
- Now navigate to the folder that contains .QBW file.
- Select Copy from the drop-down menu after right-clicking on a file with the .QBW extension.
- Now open the newly created folder and paste the copied company file there.
- Then, from Windows, define the permissions for sharing company files.
- Check the Quickbooks error code 600077 notification repair process by opening the QB file from the new folder.