You are here
How to Permanently Fix QuickBooks error 3120
If you received QuickBooks error message 3120 while entering payments, it usually occurs when the invoice already exists in QuickBooks. QuickBooks desktop error 3120 pops up on the screen with a message, “800000-1349276859” specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.” QuickBooks error code 3120 warning box also comes up with an option to continue working on QuickBooks by clicking the Yes button. Although clicking Yes does not resolve the error, you need to perform troubleshooting to fix it. Continue reading the blog to get detailed information on ‘Error 3120: Adding receiving payments,’ its causes and solutions.
If you are struggling with QuickBooks error 3120 and want an instant solution for it, then call us on our toll-free number 1.800.417.5147 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 3120?
Knowing the factors responsible for the error helps you choose the most appropriate solution to get rid of the error. Have a look at some of the reasons listed below:
- QuickBooks data is damaged or corrupted.
- Some discrepancies in the invoice.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given below.
You may also Read :- QuickBooks error 15222
Quick Troubleshooting Method for QuickBooks error 3120
QuickBooks error 3120 is a mapping error that appears when the accounts are not set up correctly in QuickBooks. You need to set up accounts in QuickBooks manually. Here are the steps to do it:
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
- Click on the File menu.
- Choose Preferences.
- Move to the Account Preferences section.
- Under the Advanced and Basic tab, confirm if the mapping for the account you selected is correct or not.
- Add an account name if the account name column is blank.
- Fill up the required details.
- Click Save.
- Try to add and update transactions.
- Once the problem is fixed, move to the Financial Exchange section and activate default QuickBooks mapping.
That’s all about QuickBooks error 3120. We hope you find the blog informative and helpful in resolving the issue. If you face any trouble performing the solution, get in touch with the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our customer service number +1 800 417 5147.