You are here
How to Overcome QuickBooks Error 6073?
- 3 reads
All the business's financial data stay safe and secured with the company file in QuickBooks. The company file can be accessed in two modes, which are in single-user mode and multi-user mode. A plethora of errors can arise when trying to open a company file in a multi-user network. One such issue is QuickBooks error 6073, which encounters when another user uses the company file. A message appears on the screen, “QuickBooks is unable to open this file. It may have been opened by another user...”. To acquire information about the causes and debugging methods for the error 6073, read this detailed article.
Connect with our technical experts team through 1.800.579.0391 to get help regarding QuickBooks error 6073
Reasons that Trigger Error 6073 in QuickBooks
If you are trying to figure out what really causes the error to come up, check out the following listed reasons-
- A workstation might be working on the company file in single-user mode.
- If the company file is in a read-only folder.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6000 77
Debugging Solutions to Rectify QuickBooks Company File Error 6073
For eliminating the error 6073, proceed with the troubleshooting methods mentioned below-
SOLUTION 1: Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- At first, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the downloaded ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to an easily accessible location.
- Now, for installing the QB Tool Hub, you are required to run the downloaded file.
- Proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen and checkmark the appropriate checkboxes for agreeing to all terms and conditions.
- At last, click ‘Finish’ and complete the installation.
- Open the Tool Hub and move to the ‘Company File Issues’ menu.
- On the ‘Fix My Company File’ page, click ‘Run QuickBooks File Doctor’.
- Select the drop-down arrow and tap on your company file.
- Choose the ‘Check your file’ option and then ‘Continue’.
- Finally, provide your QuickBooks admin password, then hit ‘Next’.
SOLUTION 2: Switch to Multi-User Mode both on the Server Computer and on Workstations
If any workstation is using the company file in Single-user mode-
- Exit QuickBooks in all the workstations and run the application on the server.
- Open your company file and select the ‘File’ tab.
- Tap ‘Switch to multi-user mode’ under the File menu.
If the issue still persists, you need to reboot all the systems except the host computer.
If the server computer is using the company file in single-user mode-
- Move to the ‘File’ tab to choose ‘Close Company’.
- Now, click ‘Open or Restore Company’.
- Tap ‘Open a company file’ and then ‘Next’.
- Choose your company file and click on ‘Open file in multi-user mode’.
- At last, hit ‘Open’ to complete the entire procedure.
If you correctly follow the given steps, you should be free from QuickBooks Error 6073. Just in case, the same problem occurs again; we recommend you speak to our experienced QuickBooks experts via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391 and learn various troubleshooting methods.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Outlook Email not Working
Add new comment