How to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Error H303?
Company file error in QuickBooks can cause trouble because it is one of the essential components of your business. It carries your organization’s financial information. A user can access the file in both single-user mode and in multi-user mode. Different errors while switching into multi-user mode can also affect the QB application. One such error is QuickBooks error H303 that arises when enabling the multi-user mode. The dialog box displays, “ This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting’ message. To gather more details on the error code H303 such as the causes and troubleshooting methods, go through this article till the end.
Dial 1.800.579.0391 for technical guidance from QuickBooks tech team and clarify your questions about the company file error H303
What triggers QuickBooks Company File Error H303?
You can come across the error code H303 in QuickBooks due to the reasons mentioned below-
- The hosting setup of the company file might be incorrect.
- Improper functioning of QB Database Server Manager.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 1712
How to Resolve Error Message H303 in QuickBooks?
SOLUTION 1: From the QuickBooks Tool Hub Use QuickBooks Data Server Manager on the Host Computer
- You are required to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub. Make sure to save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to an easily accessible location.
- Run the file to start the installation. You must follow the instructions displayed on the screen and accept the terms and conditions as well.
- Once the installation process is finished, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Now, choose ‘Network Issues’ to get access to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After that, if you are able to locate your company file, hit ‘Start Scan’. In case you cannot locate it, use the ‘browse’ option to search it and then choose ‘Start Scan’.
- The tool will scan for the issues and resolve them. When it is done, click ‘Close’.
- Finally, run QuickBooks on the workstations where you see the error code H303. You must also check whether the error is on the host computer or not. If yes, open QuickBooks on it as well. Go to the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Switch to Multi-User Mode’.
SOLUTION 2: Check the Host Multi-User Access option on the Workstations as well as on the Host Computer
Check the Workstations
- Run QuickBooks Desktop on any of the workstation where the error H303 is coming up.
- Hit on the ‘File’ tab and select ‘Utilities’.
- If there is a option that says ‘Stop Multi-User Access’, the workstation is not responsible for causing the error. Try the same process on the other workstations.
- If you see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option on any of the workstations, tap on it.
Check the Server Computer
- Run QuickBooks and move to the ‘File’ menu.
- Select ‘Utilities’ and then if you see the ‘Host Multi-User Access’ option, click on it.
Following these given steps correctly should resolve the QuickBooks error H303 and you should be able to switch from single-user mode to multi-user mode. If you still see the error, contact our team of QuickBooks Experts at 1.800.579.0391 to advanced solutions to fix the error.
Also Read : Quickbooks error 80029c4a