You are here
How to Fix Payroll Issues In QuickBooks Desktop While Updating Payrolls?
Encountering payroll issues in QuickBooks Desktop while downloading the payroll updates is the most irritating thing anyone wants to face. And getting rid of these QuickBooks payroll update errors becomes your only desire when you witness it. And it shouldn’t be? After all, a payroll update difficulty in the QB Desktop application hinders your work productivity.
Let’s explore everything about the QuickBooks Payroll update problems, why they occur and how to fix them.
What is a Payroll Update Issue in Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Version?
QuickBooks Payroll is cloud-based payroll software that lets enterprises pay employees, handle employee benefits, file payroll-related taxes, and more in one place. This software can save a lot of your time by allowing you to calculate, file and pay federal and state payroll taxes effortlessly.
But just like other tools, the payroll software in QuickBooks is also prone to glitches. Here are some of the payroll issues codes that may appear on your screen while downloading the QB Payroll updates:
- Issue code PS033 in QuickBooks
- QB error code PS036
- QuickBooks problem PS0101
- Error code PS107 in Intuit QuickBooks
Why Do The QuickBooks Payroll Update Errors Trigger Your Screen?
There could be ample reasons why the QuickBooks Payroll Update error triggers on your screen. A few of the causes behind the occurrence of QB Payroll Update problem include:
- When there are incorrect internet connection configurations in the desktop you might see the QuickBooks Payroll issue bothering you.
- In case, there is a corrupted file in the CPS folder then also you can encounter a QB Payroll problem.
- Sometimes, a Payroll issue code in QuickBooks can occur due to the usage of an outdated operating system.
How To Resolve Payroll Issues In QuickBooks Desktop?
When it’s about resolving the payroll issues in QuickBooks, there are ample ways to do it, such as:
Method 1: Verify the subscription of your payroll services
The first thing you can do for fixing the QB payroll issues is to verify your QB payroll subscription services. Here is how:
- To start with, shut all the QB company files and launch your system again.
- Next, launch the QuickBooks App and navigate to the Employees option.
- Under the Employees option, choose the My Payroll Service option by clicking on it.
- In the next step, pick the Manage Service Key option. Later, enter your service name and status with the correct credentials.
- Now, cross check the service key number by choosing the Edit option. In case, it’s incorrect make sure you’re entering the correct service key.
- Moving ahead, click on the Next button, and hit the Finish option after unchecking the Open Payroll Setup box.
- Finally, you can easily download the entire payroll update without any error.
Method 2: Register and Modify the Current Version of Your QuickBooks Desktop
Having the latest security and software updates is the top-notch thing you can’t avoid. It helps you to rectify the payroll difficulty in the Intuit QB. You can use the following process to verify the registration status of your QuickBooks software:
- First of all, hold the F2 key on your keyboard for opening the Product details.
- Later on, see if you have activated your license number. If your license number doesn’t show the activation sign, register your QB Desktop by taking help from QuickBooks error support.
- Once you register the QuickBooks Desktop, don’t forget to modify it to the latest release.
- In the end, download the recent payroll tax table update.
Method 3: Run the Quick Fix My Program via QB Tool Hub
Another way to rectify the payroll glitches in the QuickBooks Desktop is by running the Quick Fix My Program Tool. Here is how.
- Initially, you need to close all your company files and the QB Desktop application.
- Furthermore, download and install the Tool Hub in QuickBooks. Now, save the downloaded file to a folder that is easy to locate.
- Next, agree to all the terms and conditions after following the on-screen instructions.
- In the next step, open the QB Tool Hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Proceeding further, chooses the Program Problems tab in the Tool Hub and hit on the Quick Fix my Program. Let the troubleshooting process to remove the payroll problem.
- Lastly, download the latest tax table after launching the QuickBooks Desktop app.
Step 4: Update the Faulty Settings of The Firewall
Suppose all the above steps fail, then possibly you need to check your firewall settings. It will let you eradicate the payroll error code in the QuickBooks Desktop application if you follow the below steps:
- In the beginning, launch the Internet Explorer after closing the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- After that, navigate to the Gear icon available in the upper right corner.
- Now, the next step is to click on the Internet options and tap on the advanced tab.
- Going ahead, you need to tap on the Restore advanced settings options and then hit OK.
Wrapping it up:
Undoubtedly, you will be marked safe from the unnecessary hassle due to QuickBooks payroll issues after fixing it on time. And after reading this post, a payroll error in QuickBooks Desktop won’t be a hurdle to your accounting tasks. Thanks to the above-mentioned methods for resolving the payroll update glitches in QB effortlessly.