You are here
How Do I E-file 941 Tax Forms in QuickBooks Desktop?
E-File 941 tax forms are used to report quarterly federal taxed. If you have paid wages, or if you withheld Federal income tax, Medicare taxes and social security tax, you must file this form. However, there are several ways to E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop and they are mentioned below.
Requirements to E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop
Below are the requirements to prepare and E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop -
1) You must have an active subscription of QuickBooks Enhanced payroll.
2) QuickBooks Desktop is updated to the latest maintenance.
3) A stable Internet connection is one of the essential things that you need to make sure before getting started
4) Your Latest updated tax table to e-file 941 with QuickBooks
5) You must be enrolled with the IRS e-file system
6) Choose e-file method for filing form 941 with QuickBooks
7) You must give 10 digit pin from IRS.
Set-Up E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop
Having the latest updated E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop, you can prepare tax form by following the below-mentioned steps:
1) At the first step, Change Federal Form filing method to e-Filing from Payroll set up in QuickBooks.
2) Under the Employees tab, you have to tap on Payroll Forms and W-2s.
3) Now, choose the option of Process Payroll Forms
4) In File Form window, choose Quarterly Form 941 / Schedule B – Interview for your Form 941 / Schedule B
5) Tap on the option of File Form
6) Choose the option– quarter ending dates from the drop-down list.
7) Confirm that all the tax payments such as Social Security, Medicare, Federal, Unemployment and Withholding are correctly mentioned in the form
8) Now, you have to type the specific information in the specified areas.
9) Choose the option of Override to modify the inaccurate information.
10) Enter the correct information and press Tab key on your keyboard to override the information
11) Hit on Save and Close after verifying that there are no errors in the form created.
If by following all the above steps, you are unable to resolve E-file 941 tax forms in QuickBooks Desktop, you can feel free to get in touch with tech-specialists for help.