How to Deal with QuickBooks Error OL 221
QuickBooks error OL 221 is a bank connection problem. Users familiar with the QuickBooks application must have knowledge of what purpose QB serves to its customers. Despite several exceptional services and features, it also lets the users connect their online bank accounts with their QB accounts. By doing this, it becomes effortless to manage your finances online. However, sometimes errors like OL 221 can trigger when there is a connectivity issue due to which QuickBooks cannot update any transaction in the bank account. This article focuses on the causes of the same problem and provides you with solutions to overcome it.
Do you have any queries related to bank connection error OL 221 in QuickBooks? Contact our team of experts who are available for its users round the clock. Dial 1.800.579.0391 and speak to one of our professionals for guidance.
Primary Causes that Provokes the Bank Error Code OL 221 in QuickBooks
Several errors can trigger the error. If you want to know the reasons in detail, read further-
- The internet connectivity issue might be causing trouble.
- Another reason might be that the version of QuickBooks you are using presently is no longer available.
- One of your online bank accounts might have been inactive for a long time.
- The Financial Institutions Directory in QuickBooks might contain your outdated bank data.
- The bank you are registered with might have some server issues due to which you are receiving the problem.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 523
Ways to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message OL 221
Are you finding it difficult to troubleshoot the bank error OL 221? Have a look at the solutions we have described here-
SOLUTION 1: Configure Internet Explorer Settings
- On your Windows desktop, open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the ‘Tools’ symbol to choose the internet options.
- After that, hit ‘Advanced’ and keep scrolling down until you find the ‘Security’ section.
- Verify whether you have checkmarked the TLS 1.2 checkbox or not.
- If you have not selected it, checkmark it and tap ‘OK’.
- Now, close all the programs that are running on your desktop and restart the system.
- Finally, run QuickBooks to download transactions.
SOLUTION 2: Re-Verify Your Bank Connection
- At first, make sure you do not have any inactive online bank account linked with your QuickBooks.
- To check it, open QB and select the ‘Company’ menu.
- Under Company, hit ‘Charts of Accounts’.
- Now, choose ‘Include Inactive’ and check if there is any connected inactive account or not.
- If yes, disable it by right-clicking on the same account.
- Hit the ‘Edit Account’ option and move to the ‘Bank Feed Settings’ menu.
- Click on ‘Deactivate All Online Services’ and then ‘OK’.
- Tap on the ‘Save and Close’ option, and at last, exit and access your company file again.
We understand it can be very troublesome for you when your QB cannot connect to the linked bank account because of QuickBooks error OL 221. The issue even stops you from accessing your bank account via QB. Hence, we have attempted our best to guide you with the most appropriate solutions for the problem. In case these do not work well, do not hesitate to reach out to our professional team through Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6147