You are here
How to Choose the Right Type of Visa for USA Immigration?
Want to move to the USA – the most powerful country in the world? But do not know how to begin the process? If these questions sound familiar to you, then continue reading this post as we are going to tell you everything about the USA visa, so keep on reading!
First and foremost, you will need a visa to realize your immigration dream. Planning well ahead of time can greatly help your visa process go as smoothly as possible. However, the visa process, requirements, and procedures may change – often without any notification! So, you will want to know the exact documentation for your precise visa needs before moving further. A professional USA immigration consultant in Dubai can also help you understand everything related to your visa and its process.
What is a Visa for the USA?
A visa is a legal document that allows you to enter the USA for a stated duration and purpose. The Government of the USA offers more than 150 types of visas under the specific immigration law of the country. However, these visas mainly fall under 2 categories – non-immigrant visas for temporary visits and immigrant visas for those who want to immigrate for an indefinite period. You can ask your immigration consultant in Dubai for the USA about the detailed information about these visa types.
Do You Need a Visa to Enter or Visit the USA?
Well! It depends! If you are a traveler or tourist coming from one of the nations that participate in the ‘Visa Waiver Program’, then you do not require any visa to enter. And if you are coming here from any country that is not included in this program or have any different purpose, then you will surely need this legal document to cross the boundaries. Hence, it is suggested to consult with a trusted USA immigration consultant in Dubai to know whether your country is eligible for this special waiver program or not!
Different Types of Visas Offered by the USA
The country has over 150 visa types for eligible applicants. However, we have listed a few visa types below:
- B1 Visa for Business Visits
- B2 Visa for Tourism Visitors
- F1 Visa for Students
- F2 Visa for Dependent F1 Visa Holder
- M1 Visa for Vocational Purposes
Exchange Visitor Visas
- J1 Visa
- Q Visa
Temporary Work Visas
- H1B Visa for those who are employed in highly specialized fields
- H1B1 Visa for the citizens of Singapore and Chile
- H-2A Visa for the agricultural worker from the selected countries
- H-2B Visa for temporary and non-agricultural workers
- H-3 Visa for those who want to make the most out of education and training opportunities
- EB1 Visa
- EB5 Visa
- SQ Visa for the citizens of Afghanistan and Iraq
Consult with an immigration expert or simply ask your immigration consultant for the USA in Dubai about the complete details of the visas offered by the Government of this country.
How to Choose a Visa for the USA that is Just Right for You?
To enjoy the fullest in the country, you must choose the right type of visa for your precise situation. According to the immigration experts, you should consider the following key elements if you want to make an informed decision for your visa type:
- The Purpose of Your USA Visit: Want to study in the USA? Looking for better work opportunities? No matter what your purpose is, you should always choose your visa based on your precise needs. Purpose-based visa could be a study visa, work visa, business visa, travel visa, etc.
- The Duration of Your Stay: Another thing that will determine whether you need a permanent visa or a temporary one is the length of your stay! For instance, if you want to explore the USA, then a temporary visa is the most-suited one. Similarly, if you want to make this country your new home, then a permanent visa is all you need.
- Sponsorship: Depending on the visa type chosen for the purpose, you may need someone to give an undertaking to your visa. This sponsorship could be given by the university, employer, or even a family member.
Find out as soon as possible what type of USA visa you will need for your purpose. It is important because this way you can give yourself enough time to collect the necessary documents and complete other paperwork required for the visa process. Once you are familiar with the visa type, get in touch with your USA immigration consultant in Dubai to initiate the process.