How Can I Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes?
QuickBooks is financial bookkeeping software with which any of the small business owners can carry out their accounting functions in a more efficient way. However, while using it, many users encounter QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes, and it can be fixed by following some effective steps hereby mentioned below.
Some Possible Ways for QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes
- Due to low gross wages in the employee’s last payroll.
- If you have not updated the QuickBooks software as per the latest version creating trouble in running the program.
- When the employee’s annual salary is exceeding the maximum salary limit then also the issue happen.
- When you have not updated the tax table as per the latest slab.
- Due to incorrect payroll setup, the QuickBooks software not calculating the federal withholding.
Techniques to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes
There are various techniques to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes and some of the techniques are mentioned below:-
Technique 1: Verify the Employee Profile to review the Federal settings
- First of all, open the QuickBooks software on your device.
- Tap on the Employee and you can select the option of Employee Center.
- Double-tap on the employee’s name and hit on Payroll Info.
- After that, verify that you have entered the correct details in Pay Frequency.
- Choose the Taxes and tap over the Federal
- Now, you can check all the details under Filing Status and Allowance.
- Finally, ensure that the details are correct and tap on Ok button.
- Close all windows.
Technique 2: Correctly Setup the Payroll Taxes
- At the first step, open the Intuit QuickBooks software.
- Hit on the menu icon on the top-left corner.
- You can choose the taxes on the next window, and hit on Payroll Tax.
- Next, the Payroll Tax Setup and Compliance appear before you.
- Check the employee hiring date, date of birth, and W4 form details.
- After that, you will need to enter the Business Name.
- Now enter the Business Address.
- By tapping over the checkbox for same as Business Address, it will automatically pick up the address that you have used during setting up the QuickBooks payroll.
- You have to type the Hiring Date of Employee in the last six months.
- You can select Yes or No any one option
- After that, Type the date to start the QuickBooks online payroll
- You can select the option to start the payroll before, on, or after the current month or year.
- Now, you have to fill the details such as the Federal Tax details and ID
- You have to apply for the federal employer identification number (FEIN).
- Fill the Payroll Tax Form by selecting either Form 941or Form 944
- Verify the Federal tax payment option by selecting the frequency.
- Choose a non-profit status of the business such as yes or no.
Hope So! You get your QuickBooks Payroll Not Withholding Taxes issue fixed, but, if still facing problems, you can reach QuickBooks support for assistance.