You are here
A Handy Guide to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1920
- 37 reads
QuickBooks database server manager is a utility developed by Intuit that helps users manage the company data in multi-user mode. This allows you to access the company file saved on the server and scan and locate the company file on the server computer. In many instances, users have reported getting QuickBooks error 1920 while accessing the company file saved on the server PC. Once you get this error, you see an error message that reads, “Error 1920: Service QuickBooks Database Manager (QBCFMonitorService) failed to start.” However, there is nothing to panic about as you can quickly resolve this error by going through the troubleshooting instructions mentioned in this article.
If you are not sure if you have QuickBooks Database Server Manager installed on your system, reach QuickBooks support at +1 800-417-5147 for advanced help resolving the error
Causes of Error 1920 in QuickBooks
As the error message describes, the primary reason you get error 1920 is when QuickBooks Database Server Manager faces difficulties starting up. Down-below is the list of issues affecting the QuickBooks database server manager triggering QuickBooks error 1920.
- If some of the crucial QuickBooks program files are damaged, which can also be the files related to QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop installation has encountered errors because of a corrupt or partially downloaded installation file.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager‘s installation is corrupt or not installed on the system.
As you know, what causes error 1920 in QuickBooks? We can now move forward with the troubleshooting solutions to rectify all the causes mentioned above.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Database Server Manager Error 1920
Solution 1: Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop and Rename the Program’s Installation Files
- Click the Windows Start button and select Control Panel if you see it in the options.
- If you don’t see it, search it manually using Windows Search and go to the Add/Remove Program or Uninstall a Program section.
- Select the QuickBooks Desktop version affected by the error and click the Uninstall option from the top.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the uninstallation process and open Windows File Explorer.
- Go to the folder where QuickBooks Desktop was installed and delete the following folders by adding OLD at the end of the folder name.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Common Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Files\Intuit
- C:\Program Data\Intuit
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop and see if you have resolved the error.
You may also Read :
Solution 2: Reinstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager and Rename the Program Files
- Open the Control Panel again and select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click the Uninstall option from the top and follow the on-screen instructions to remove the program completely.
- Now rename the folder as mentioned in the first solutions and reinstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Check if the solutions mentioned above helped you resolve QuickBooks error 1920. If not, there must be some issues with the operating system you are running QuickBooks on that can only be rectified after a thorough analysis of the system. Dial +1 800-417-5147 and ask one of our certified QuickBooks Desktop experts to help resolve error 1920 for you.
Related Article :
Add new comment