You are here
Hacking the Best Solutions for QuickBooks Error 6150
QuickBooks encounters a new error everyday. But the 6000 series of errors is the most category of issues inside the app. Today will talk about the QuickBooks Error 6150 that arises when users try to create, access or operate the company file. The issue is a sign that your company file has been damaged and needs to be fixed before it goes on to create an unrecoverable error. Since this glitch doesn’t allow you to use your company file, it becomes complicated to tackle the same. Instead, follow the blog below to gain an in-depth explanation of error 6150.
Facing QuickBooks Error 6150 and cannot find the right solution? Dial 1-855-856-0042 and consult an expert right now to resolve this matter within a couple of minutes.
Recommended to Read :
What are the Reasons behind QuickBooks Error Code 6150?
- If the company file is damaged or corrupted.
- A disrupted installation of the latest QuickBooks updates.
- Presence of virus or malware in the device.
- Missing components inside the company file.
How can QuickBooks Message Error 6150 be Fixed Effectively?
In order to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error 6150, you must follow the methods that are mentioned below very carefully -
Troubleshooting Solution 1 - Examine if CryptoWall is causing Error 6150
For many users, the CryptoWall virus is the reason behind this error as it is believed to be a suspicious software that encrypts your data files -
- Click on the Start button.
- In the search panel, type File Explorer.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Double-click on the File Explorer tab in the given list of programs.
- Now, in the following window, look for the QuickBooks folder, stored chiefly on Drive C:.
- You must search for the files where the words “decrypt” or “instructions” are mentioned. It should be a .TXT or .HTML document.
- If you find no results, nothing to worry about.
- But, if you find these, you must connect with your anti-virus service provider to remove the virus from your computer as it could go on corrupting your entire device.
Troubleshooting Solution 2 - Use the Clean Install Tool to Re-install QuickBooks
- Hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run prompt box.
- Type Control Panel in the search bar, and hit the OK button.
- In the following window, press the “Uninstall a Program” button.
- You will see a list of programs, look for QuickBooks here and select it.
- Tap on Uninstall/Change and follow the uninstallation process.
- Download and install the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from Intuit’s website.
- Choose the right QuickBooks and hit the OK button.
- Complete the installation process and open the app to check if the issue has been resolved.
We hope that our detailed blog supported you in dealing with QuickBooks Error 6150 in the quickest manner. If you require additional support, feel free to connect with our pro-advisors at 1-855-856-0042 anywhere.
You may also read |