You are here
Guide for QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File Error
QuickBooks is a fine accounting tool widely used by small and midsize businesses to digitally and securely carry out their accounting needs. The vast number of functions run by QuickBooks and all its storage depends on the company file's efficacy. An error affecting the working data file can very well halt all the operations within the software. One such issue is QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file. Today, we will look at its possible solutions.
There are several company file errors other than QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file and require a quick fix to avoid severe damage. Call on the toll-free number 844-932-1139 anytime to get immediate assistance 24/7.
What is QuickBooks network connection failure?
QuickBooks can’t access the company file due to an error message stating - it appears that the QuickBooks software on the computer is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the QuickBooks software on your computer is unable to communicate with it. There are many causes behind the problem and some of them are given below.
Reasons that encourage QuickBooks firewall error
- The network data file is either corrupted or damaged due to malware infestation.
- The database server manager is not running.
- The company file folder does not have the sharing access permissions required to host and share the file with other workstations.
- The QuickBooks Desktop is not updated.
What are the steps to troubleshoot if QuickBooks won’t open company file?
To resolve the QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error, follow the solutions mentioned below.
- Open the QB tool hub and click on the Company File issues.
- Click on Run QuickBooks File Doctor and select your company file from the menu to fix it.
- Click on Check your file and select Continue.
- Enter your QB credentials and click on Next.
- Open QuickBooks on all of the workstations without opening the company file.
- Under the File menu, select Utilities and click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- Close QuickBooks and open it on the host server.
- Go to the File menu and click on Utilities.
- Click on Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and restart it by selecting back the Host Multi-User Access.
Here comes the end of our blog on the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file. We hope that the information provides on the blog helps you to overcome the issue. On a different note, if that doesn't happen, feel free to call on the helpline number 844-932-1139 to get professional assistance.