You are here
Fixing QuickBooks has stopped working issue with Different Methods
QuickBooks handles complex accounting activities in the simplest manner. But, sometimes, the QuickBooks program starts freezing and becomes unresponsive. It indicates the user is encountered with QuickBooks has stopped working error. The error usually occurs when QuickBooks Desktop installation and program files are damaged or corrupted. The program sometimes quits itself without giving an error message. Keep reading the blog for tricks and techniques to resolve QuickBooks not responding when opening company file issue along with its causes.
Tired of handling QuickBooks has stopped working issue by yourself? Dial +1-800-579-9430 and get assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team
Reasons why QuickBooks not responding when opening
There are several reasons that can result in QuickBooks not opening issue. Have a look at the given list of triggers of all times:
- Using a damaged Windows operating system.
- The QBWUSER.ini file is either damaged or corrupted.
- The company file name is too long, and QuickBooks can’t open it.
- There might be corruption in your hard drive.
- Some QuickBooks program files are damaged.
Given below are solutions to help you fix the issue.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Desktop is unresponsive issue
Solution 1. Fix program issues by running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close all open company files and then exit QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and save it to the Downloads folder so you can easily access it.
- Move to Downloads, find the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and open it.
- Start following the prompt steps to install the application.
- To proceed, select the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- When the installation completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Double-click the icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub, then select the Program Problems tab.
- Click the Quick Fix my Program button.
- Now, start QuickBooks and open the company file.
If Quick Fix my Program doesn’t fix the error, try the following solution.
You may also Read :
Solution 2. Make use of the Program Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Program Diagnostic Tool is used to repair all Microsoft components that QuickBooks uses for smooth functioning. The following steps will guide you on how to run the tool:
- Once again, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon.
- From there, choose the Program Problems tab and click QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the tool to run. It may take around 20 to complete the repair process.
- Reboot your system and start QuickBooks.
If the error continues, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 3. Change the name of the QBWUSER.ini file to fix the damage
Renaming the QBWUSER.ini file will erase the list of previously opened company files, so you need to reopen the company file manually:
- Open the folder where all company files are saved and search for the QBWUSER.ini file.
- To rename, right-click the file and choose the Rename option.
- Change the file name by adding .old at the end.
- Next, change the name of EntitlementDataStore.ecml.
- Start QuickBooks.
We are hopeful that the solutions discussed above did the trick for you and QuickBooks has started working. If you’re still stuck with the QuickBooks has stopped working issue, connect with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article :