You are here
Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15107 (Harmful Desktop Update
How to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107?
Updated On Apr 14th 2022
Table of Contents:
- What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15017?
- What are the effects of Error 15017?
- Reasons that cause QuickBooks Error 15017
- 5 Solutions to resolve the QuickBooks Error 15107
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error 15107?
QuickBooks Desktop error 15107 occurs when the user is unable to download the payroll updates launched by Intuit QuickBooks online login. The error states that ‘The Payroll can’t be initialized’. There might be some positive factors leading to this error code, which is discussed in the article below.
What are the Effects of Error 15107?
Effects are listed below:-
- The accounting system becomes inefficient.
- When payroll stops working.
- The system might close down.
Reasons that Cause QuickBooks Error 15107
This error code occurs when you are updating QuickBooks or updating payroll. Here is the list of reasons that cause the error:-
- QuickBooks update is incomplete or purposefully closed.
- Registry documents that are harmful or corrupt.
- Payroll files have been corrupted or have been damaged.
- The relationship is being blocked by firewall settings.
- An attack on your computer or network via malware.
The very first solution is to restart the computer system. This is one of the basic methods that one can opt for in order to deal with this error. When we restart the device, the error is compelled to reset and also move out of the way of the screen. Thus, it is suggested to restart the computer. Also, when any device is restarted, it works in a more efficient way. This is one of the basic and simplest solutions, and in case this solution does not work, one can move on to other solutions listed below.
2nd Solution: Downloading the QuickBooks update again to fix the error code 15107
Another solution that one can opt for is downloading the QuickBooks update again. The steps that one needs to follow in this method are scribbled below:
- First step is to shut down the QuickBooks software.
- Next step is to visit the “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks <version>\Components”
- Then search for the folder by the name “Download QBxx”, where the xx is the version of QuickBooks.
- Now, rename the folder as “DownloadQBxx.OLD”.
- Then reopen the QuickBooks.
- Advance to “Help >Update QuickBooks Desktop > Update Now.
- Then tap on “Reset the updates” and check box to roll back the update.
- Now, download the newest update again by simply hitting on the “Get updates” button.
- The next step is to wait for the download to finish.
- Finally, install the update by tapping on the “Install Now” button.
3rd Solution: Run reboot.bat file
Another solution that is generally recommended in case of this type of error is to run reboot.bat file. This method also involves the process of recovering the lost data and also maintains the system. In order to carry out this method, there are certain steps to be considered.
- Initially, hit on the “Windows” key or the “Start” button.
- Type “reboot.bat” in the search dialogue box and later tap on the “Enter” tab.
- Once you have performed the second step, the command prompt windows will appear on the screen.
- Numerous file names will show up on the screen. Shutting it down forcefully might cause a problem.
- Allow the computer system to shut down by its own, after the reboot.bat utility gets completed.
4th Solution: Perform a QuickBooks Clean Installation
In order to get any kind of assistance, one can use QuickBooks clean install tool. This is one of the most effective tools that can be utilized to get rid of this error. All you need to do is to follow some steps.
- The basic step is to download the tool named “QuickBooks Clean Install” and then save it on the desktop.
- Next step is to double-tap on the “QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.”, in order to open the setup file.
- Once you have performed the above step, a new box will appear asking for permissions, then click on the “I Accept” option on the license agreement.
- Then, you will be directed to another box. Hit a click on it and choose the “Continue” button.
- The last step is to hit on the “OK” button.
5th Solution: Troubleshooting Internet explorer settings, Firewall, and Internet security
- First of all, verify that the “system’s date” and “time“ is correct
- Check the “cipher strength“
- And then “update” or “restore” some settings using “Tools“ and then “Internet options“.
6th Solution: Install digital signature certificate
- You need to follow the path C:\Program files (x86)\ Intuit\QuickBooksXX (XX means the QuickBooks version being used)
- You will see a search bar, where you are required to insert QBW.exe. Herein, right-click the QBW32 and from the open list, tap on the properties tab.
- Look for digital signatures.
- Opt for intuit from the list.
- Head to the details tab.
- Choose the view certificate and hit on the install certificate option
- Opt for next till the finish tab appears.
- Restart the system to update the changes.
- Try to download the update again.
7th Solution: Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks in selective startup
- Hit on the ok tab and then pick the restart option.
- Finally, Uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks desktop software.
8th Solution: Switch to normal startup mode
- For this, you need to access the run box by pushing the Windows + R keys.
- Enter in ‘msconfig’ and hit on the OK tab.
- Look for normal startup mode and also tap on it.
- Hit on the apply tab and also tap on the ok tab.
- Reboot the system to save changes.
See Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6189?
By following any of the above-listed methods, one can easily resolve the QuickBooks payroll error 15107 and in case the error is still not resolved, then it is suggested to consult with our QuickBooks support team and get your issue resolved.