You are here
Facts You Should Know When Resolving QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error H505 is a technical error that occurs due misconfiguration with the company file hosting settings in QuickBooks. Such H-series of errors typically takes place in multi-user mode when a user tries to access the company which is not saved on their computer. Occasionally, QuickBooks users face issues where switching to single-user mode triggers error H505. This might happen due to several reasons including incorrect QuickBooks set up. Further in this article we have discussed the reasons triggering error code H505 in QuickBooks along with its troubleshooting steps, so follow the complete article until the end for detailed info.
For any assistance on QuickBooks Error H505, you can contact the QuickBooks support team on (1-855)-856-0042
What could have lead to QuickBooks Error H505?
QuickBooks Error H505 comes under H-series of errors that is triggered from hosting issues with the company file and you can come across one anytime. The error is linked to the company file and it is crucial to resolve the error at the earliest. Before delving in to the troubleshooting, lets discuss the reasons that cause QuickBooks Desktop error H505.
Recommended to read: How to Fix QuickBooks Display Issues
- Damaged or corrupt .ND file that restricts company file operations.
- Incorrect hosting configuration settings.
- Firewall settings preventing the connection with the company file from the host computer.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is unable to locate the host computer’s IP address.
- Incorrect DNS Settings.
Now that you know the reasons that might trigger QuickBooks error H505, lets discuss some of the most preferred solutions to resolve the error.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code H505
QuickBooks Error H505 causes obstruction while using the multi-user feature of QuickBooks and users are unable to contact the company files present on the host system. The user must follow the troubleshooting steps so as to work on the company files when connected on a network.
Make sure the Company File is Saved on the Server
- Open QuickBooks installation directory on the server computer.
- Look for the company file and make sure it is having a proper .QBW extension.
- If the file is not present on the system, then contact the admin for further assistance.
Verify Multi-user Hosting is Enabled
- Open QuickBooks on the host computer and click on the File tab.
- From under the Hosting settings, make sure you have the option to Host Multi-user Access enabled.
- If not, then enable multi-user access on the server computer and try to access the company file once again.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting mentioned above will help you resolve the QuickBooks error H505. If not, then you can also try to update the company file on the server. If none of the troubleshooting brings you luck, you can dial (1-855)-856-0042 for immediate help and assistance.
Also read this blog: The simple way to wipe out QuickBooks Error 3371