Effective Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 6147
Company file error is QuickBooks can be quite troublesome and scary as it holds all your crucial financial data. Despite the excellent user interface, the application is also infamous for its errors. You can be triggered by numerous errors when operating the QuickBooks Desktop. Similarly, a user can receive multiple company file errors, such as QuickBooks error 6147, when the user attempts to open its data file. If you are facing the same problem and looking for effective troubleshooting methods, go through this blog. Apart from solutions, the article also elaborates on the error’s causes.
If you are facing challenges to eliminate the QB company file error 6147, feel free to call one of our experienced professionals through 1.800.579.0391. Our experts are available round the clock to guide you through until the problem gets resolved.
What Causes the Company File Error 6147 to Arise?
Have you come across the error 6147 for the first time in QuickBooks? You might be wondering why you are unable to access your company file because of this issue. To make you understand better, we have mentioned the major causes of the error below-
- The crucial .ND and .TLG files have been severely damaged.
- There has been some issue with your company file, such as it might have damaged due to which you cannot operate the company file.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 1935
How to Permanently Remove the QuickBooks Desktop Error 6147?
SOLUTION 1: Try to Fix the Damaged Network Data File (.ND) and Transaction Log File (.TLG)
- Open your Windows desktop and move to your company file folder.
- In the folder, search for files having .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Simultaneously, right-click on each file and hit the ‘Rename’ option to change the file name.
- Now, add ‘.OLD’ after each file name and hit ‘Enter’ on your keyboard to save the new changes.
- After that, run your QuickBooks Desktop to access the company file.
If repairing both the files does not remove the problem, move forward with the next step.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error code 6190 816
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Make Use of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- At first, you must download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub if you do not have it on your system.
- Save the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to a convenient location.
- Now, open and run the downloaded file to proceed with the installation of the application.
- Follow all the prompted instructions displayed on your screen and accept the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation process completes, run the application and hit the ‘Company File Issues’ tab.
- Click on the ‘QuickBooks File Doctor’ tool and fix all the issues.
- At last, restart your computer system and run your QuickBooks Desktop again.
We hope after reading this informational blog, you must have been able to get rid of the QuickBooks error 6147 completely. Troubleshooting some company file errors can be difficult even after following relevant solutions. Similarly, if you cannot rectify error 6147 in QB, we recommend you have a one-to-one consultation with our experienced technical support team at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error Ps058