Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error PS077
QuickBooks has a payroll service feature that allows a business to pay its employees. If you have subscribed to payroll services in QuickBooks, you can access all the payroll functions available in it. Several errors can come up while updating the payroll. One such error is the QuickBooks error is PS077 that occurs when you download the recent payroll updates in QuickBooks Desktop. If you encounter the same error and do not know how to resolve it, go through this article to have an in-depth insight into the reasons and solutions to rectify the issue.
Contact one of our certified QuickBooks experts by dialing 1.800.579.0391 in order to rectify the QuickBooks error PS077
Prime Reasons to Get Error PS077 in QuickBooks Desktop
We have mentioned some of the top reasons that can trigger the QuickBooks Desktop error PS077 below-
- You have not completed your QuickBooks registration.
- You might have a similar copy of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your Windows User Account Control security settings might not be compatible to perform QuickBooks installation.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 1722
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix the Error Code PS077
Check out the following ways to eliminate the error so that you can update the payroll to the latest release-
SOLUTION 1: Complete the Registration of your Software
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and press the ‘F2’ key on your keyboard to view the ‘Product Information’ window.
- See the status of your product, whether it is activated or not.
- If QuickBooks is deactivated, run your QuickBooks Desktop and go to the ‘Help’ menu and tap ‘Activate QuickBooks Desktop’.
- Next, proceed with the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Once the registration is completed, download the recent update of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Finally, download the latest update of payroll.
SOLUTION 2: Disable User Account Control on your Windows Temporarily and Install the Current Payroll Tax Table
- Go to the ‘Start’ button and open ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on the ‘User Accounts’ option, then choose ‘User Accounts (Classic View)’.
- Now, click ‘Change user account control settings’.
- Next, drag the bar to ‘Never Notify’ and ‘OK’ to turn off the UAC.
- To update the payroll tax table, run QuickBooks and go to the ‘Employees’ section.
- In the Employees section, click on Get Payroll Updates and then checkmark the ‘Download Entire Update’ checkbox.
- At last, hit ‘Download Latest Update’.
SOLUTION 3: Uninstall the Identical Copy of QuickBooks
- On your keyboard, press ‘Windows + R’ to access the ‘Run’ command.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ and hit ‘OK’.
- Click ‘Uninstall a program’.
- A list of programs will appear; select additional copy of the QuickBooks Desktop and uninstall it.
The solutions mentioned above should rectify the error. If any of these three troubleshooting methods do not work, we recommend you connect with one of our experienced QuickBooks professionals to take guidance regarding QuickBooks error PS077.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 15243