You are here
Effective Methods to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 15243
Are you facing issues while updating your QuickBooks Desktop and repeatedly receiving the QuickBooks error 15243? If yes, then your QuickBooks FCS, i.e., File Copy Service is turned off because of which you get the error. A message will appear on your screen when the error pops up, “Error 15243- The update of payroll is not able to complete successfully. The QuickBooks FCS service is damaged”. If you are looking for the reasons behind the error and solutions to overcome it, then read this article till the end to acquire detailed information.
If you have any queries related to QuickBooks error 15243, feel free to contact our team of QuickBooks professionals by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Why Do You Come Up With QuickBooks Desktop Error 15243?
The FCS error 15243 can appear due to the following reasons-
- The installation of your QuickBooks Desktop is incomplete.
- The anti-virus installed on your Windows desktop might be restricting the file from being downloaded.
- The FCS service has been corrupted or damaged.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 15215
Ways to Debug Error 15243 in QuickBooks
Below are some of the ways to eliminate the error 15243-
SOLUTION 1: Enable your QuickBooks Desktop File Copy Service
After taking the backup, proceed with the following steps-
- Open the ‘Run’ window, by pressing the ‘Windows + R’ keys.
- Once the ‘Run’ command dialog box opens, enter ‘COMPMGMT.MSC’ and click ‘OK’.
- The ‘Computer Management’ window will appear on your screen; go to the ‘Services and Application’ section.
- Now, double-click on ‘Services’ and keep scrolling to locate the ‘Intuit QuickBooks FCS’.
- Right-click the FCS service and select Properties.
- From the ‘Startup type’ select ‘Manual’.
- Next, tap ‘Apply’ and then ‘OK’.
- After that, open QuickBooks Desktop to reactivate your payroll service.
- Select ‘Employees’ and tap on the ‘My Payroll Service’ option.
- Click ‘Activate Service Key’ to open the ‘Service Key’ window.
- Now, tap and select the latest payroll, then click ‘Edit’.
- At last, select ‘Next’ and ‘Finish’.
SOLUTION 2: Use the Quick Fix my Program tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, download QuickBooks Tool Hub. You must ensure to download the current version.
- After you have downloaded it, save the file to a location where you can access it instantly.
- Next, run the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file to complete the installation procedure.
- Follow the displayed instructions accordingly and agree to all the terms and conditions in order to install the program.
- Once done, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and go to the ‘Program Problems’ tab.
- Tap ‘Quick Fix my Program’ and run QuickBooks to access the data file.
In case you are unable to resolve the QuickBooks error 15243 even after using the solutions given in this article, dial 1.800.579.0391 and consult with one of our QuickBooks experts to fix the problem.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error 6094