Easy Ways to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 1328
QuickBooks users encounter QuickBooks error 1328 while installing, updating, uninstalling, or restoring the QuickBooks Desktop program. When the error occurs, it displays “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp”. To get through the QuickBooks error code 1328, we have mentioned a few troubleshooting methods in this blog. Besides, some reasons behind the error are also listed in the article. If you want an in-depth understanding of the reasons and solutions for the error message 1328 in QuickBooks, read our detailed blog below.
If you are unable to rectify the QuickBooks error 1328, have a conversation with our team of QuickBooks experts to get help resolving the error
Why do you Encounter QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328?
The top reasons that you are facing the error code 1328 in QB desktop are as following-
- There might be a possibility that the QuickBooks Desktop is not installed completely.
- Your QuickBooks installation program files might be missing or have been corrupted.
Also Read : QuickBooks Error H505
Instant Ways to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Installation Error 1328
Following are the troubleshooting methods to get rid of the error code 1328 in QuickBooks.
SOLUTION 1: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From QuickBooks Tool Hub
- On your Windows desktop and download the current version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location and then run it. The file name will be saved as ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’.
- Now, follow the prompted commands in order to finish the installation and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click ‘Installation Issues’.
- Choose ‘QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool’; let the tool repair all the issues.
- After it is done, restart your system.
SOLUTION 2: Completely Reinstall your QuickBooks Desktop Software
First of all, you are required to download the QuickBooks Desktop installer and note down the product year, license number, and version. Once done, check out the following steps to fix error code 1328 in QuickBooks-
- Go to the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Control Panel’.
- In the Control Panel, choose ‘Programs and Features’ or ‘Uninstall a Program’.
- Now, select your QuickBooks Desktop application from the programs list.
- After that, tap ‘Uninstall/Change’, then ‘Remove’ and ‘Next’.
- After you have uninstalled it, re-install the application.
- Now, download the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop and save the downloaded file to a convenient location.
- Now, run the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file and proceed as per the instructions displayed to complete the installation process. You must accept the terms and conditions as well.
- Next, provide your license number and the product details.
- Click ‘Next’ and select your desired ‘Install Type’- ‘Express Install’ and ‘Custom and Network Install’.
- Tap ‘Next’ and then ‘Install’. Open your QuickBooks after the installation completes.
- At last, activate the program.
Either of the solutions should fix your QuickBooks Error 1328. In case the error still arises, we recommend you dial 1.800.579.0391 to consult with one of our QuickBooks professionals to help you with alternate solutions.
Also Read : Quickbooks Error 193