You are here
Easy Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 6150
QuickBooks is one of the most efficient software for managing the finance and accounts of a business. It has a company file that keeps all the crucial financial data of an organization. However, while accessing, creating, or operating the file, a user can encounter QuickBooks error 6150. To rectify the error, we have mentioned a few solutions in this article, and in addition, we have listed the causes of the problem as well. Thus, to acquire such information on the error 6150, go through our blog below-
If you want to get rid of QuickBooks Desktop error 6150, reach out to us at 1.800.579.0391 and speak to our experienced professionals for effective troubleshooting methods.
What Provokes the Error Code 6150 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Following are the main causes that trigger the company file error 6150-
- The CryptoWall virus in your Windows desktop restricts you from accessing the QuickBooks company file.
- Your QuickBooks company file might be corrupted or severely damaged.
You May Read Also: QuickBooks Error 1935
What are the Ways to Overcome the Error 6150?
This section of the article explains two different solutions to debug the error code 6150 in QuickBooks-
SOLUTION 1: Take a Look at the QuickBooks Folder to Identify the CryptoWall Virus
If your system is infected with CryptoWall virus, you need to contact your anti-virus provider immediately to get rid of the virus. To check whether the CryptoWall virus has affected your QuickBooks or not, go through the steps mentioned below-
- On your Windows desktop, move to the ‘Start’ section.
- In the search box, search for ‘File Explorer’.
- Open the ‘C: Drive’.
- Now, locate your QuickBooks folder in the C: Drive to check if any of the files are named- ‘instructions’ or ‘decrypt’.
- If the files are not named as above, it means that your system is free from the CrytoWall virus.
SOLUTION 2: Try Restoring the QBB File (Backup Company File)
Note: First, you need to shift your company file to the local hard drive. After that, proceed with the following steps-
- Go to your QuickBooks Desktop and click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Choose the ‘Open or Restore Company’ option.
- Now, tap ‘Restore a backup copy’, then ‘Next’.
- Click on the ‘Local Backup’ option and then hit ‘Next’.
- Locate your backup company file on your system. The backup file name will have a ‘.qbb’ extension.
- Next, save the restored company file in a folder where you can easily locate it later and tap ‘Open’.
- At last, choose ‘Save’.
We believe that the solutions mentioned above must have helped you eliminate the QuickBooks Error 6150. As an alternate option, you can also try to recover the lost company file data with the help of Auto Data Recovery in QuickBooks. In case the troubleshooting methods do not work well, have a one-to-one consultation with the technical experts team by dialing our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
You May Read Also: QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error