You are here
Easy Guidelines to Reset QuickBooks Password
- 25 reads
People often start panicking when they forget some of the important passwords of their essential online accounts. Sometimes it is easy to set up the password, and sometimes, it becomes difficult to do so. However, if you forget or lose your password in QuickBooks Desktop, the procedure to recover or re-setup it is simple. This blog focuses on how to reset QuickBooks password if you are an admin or a user. Read it until the end to get an in-depth insight into the matter.
If you are unable to reset your QuickBooks password, feel free to have a one-to-one conversation with our technical support team at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Important Point to Remember
When moving onto a higher version of your QuickBooks Desktop 2020, you must ensure to change the password in your former version first and then follow up to the newer version.
you may read also: QuickBooks Connection has been lost
How to Change Passwords for Both the Admin and User?
In this section, we have explained ways to set up the password for the QuickBooks User account and QuickBooks Admin account. Check it out below-
SOLUTION 1: Follow the Steps If You Want to Reset the Admin Password
NOTE: The steps mentioned below are only for the QuickBooks 2020 version.
You need to change the admin password when you log in by using the password and not your username. Proceed with the following step-by-step process to learn how to change the admin password-
- Run your QuickBooks and on the Company Login window, hit the ‘I forgot my password’ option.
- Go to the drop-down menu to choose an email and then click on the ‘Next’ button. A token will be sent in your email to set up your password.
- Note down the token from the email and enter it.
- In case you are unable to locate your email from the drop-down menu, choose the ‘Don’t see your email in the list above?’ option and move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen.
To change the user password, check out the next solution.
you may read also : QuickBooks Error H202
SOLUTION 2: Follow the Steps If You Want to Reset the User Password
If you are a user and not the admin, you must reach out to your admin to perform the below-mentioned steps-
- Log in to QuickBooks as administrator.
- Move to the ‘Company’ menu and hit ‘Set up Users and Passwords’.
- Now, click ‘Set Up Users’ and, if asked, provide the admin password.
- Now, ‘User List’ will appear where you need to choose the user that requires to change the password.
- Tap ‘Edit User’ and then create a new password.
- Click twice on the ‘Next’ option and, at last, hit ‘Finish’.
Now that you have read this article, we hope you can reset QuickBooks password successfully. Although there is a probability that you would not be able to perform the process if some technical glitch arises. In that case, directly contact one of our professionals through 1.800.579.0391.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15240
Add new comment