You are here
Easy Guidelines to Eliminate QuickBooks POS Error
- 21 reads
The QuickBooks Point of Sale allows the customers to get gift cards, special vouchers, and discounts. It also enables the customers to make contactless payments. However, a user can face several errors while installing or operating the software. Users receives numerous error messages when they encounters QuickBooks POS error, such as, “Unable to open the program through the Point of Sale icon” or “Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation”. These errors usually come up when installing the QuickBooks Point of Sale. In this article, we have mentioned the causes as to why you come across the issue and how to troubleshoot it quickly and successfully. To clear out all your confusion and queries, go through this informative blog until the end.
Our QuickBooks technical experts are available 24*7 for users. If you want to get rid of the QuickBooks POS error, call our team of certified professionals via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391
Why do you Get POS Error in QuickBooks When Installing it?
Following are the reasons due to which you encounter the QB POS error-
- You might not be using or working with the Point of Sale Database Manager.
- Incorrect setup of Microsoft .NET Framework is a prominent cause of getting such errors in the QuickBooks program.
- The configuration of your computer system is not compatible to support the proper functioning of QuickBooks Point of Sale.
You may also read : QuickBooks Event id 4
Ways to Overcome QuickBooks Desktop POS Error
The solutions given below will help you to fix the POS error-
SOLUTION 1: Create a New Windows User
- Go to your Windows ‘Start’ section and search for ‘User Accounts’ in the search bar.
- When the window opens, click on the ‘Manage User Accounts’ and then ‘Manage another account’.
- Now, hit ‘Create a new account’ and give it a name as per your choice.
- You need to select the ‘Administrator’ for user type.
- Next, shut down your desktop and log in with the new user name you created.
- At last, try accessing Point of Sale.
SOLUTION 2: Start QBPOSShell again and Configure its Compatibility
- If Point of Sale is already in use, exit it, and on your keyboard, press ‘Ctrl + Alt + Delete’.
- Start your desktop, go to the ‘Task Manager’ and choose the ‘Processes’ tab.
- Locate and right-click ‘QBPOSShell.exe’.
- Hit ‘End Process’ and exit the Task Manager window.
In case you find more than one QBPOSShell, proceed with the following steps to debug the ‘Compatibility’ issues.
- Go to the ‘Point of Sale’ icon and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot compatibility’.
- Now, click on ‘Try recommendation settings’ and move forward with the instructions prompted.
- Once done, reboot your system and then access ‘Point of Sale’.
We hope these tried and tested solutions that are given above will rectify the QuickBooks POS error completely. In case you cannot fix the issue, connect one of our QuickBooks solution experts at 1.800.579.0391 for technical guidance.
You may also read : Quickbooks Error 403
Add new comment