DTY Yarn - All You Need To Know
Dry yarns are obtained when polyester PoY yarns are twisted and drawn simultaneously. That's why it is called Drawn Textured Yarn. Here PoY stands for Partially Oriented Yarns. As mostly polyester yarns are used in this process, it is also called Polyester DTY. This yarn develops a texture, structure by twisting and drawing polyester yarns using heat energy. The process also involves hot drawing, de-twisting and thermosetting. The process of texturizing changes the properties of polyester yarns, making them more stretchable. Also, different types of heating techniques can be used depending upon the future purpose of the DTY yarn. DTY can be provided with various kinds of the intermingling of different levels. This depends upon the requirements of downstream machines and applications.
Types of DTY yarn:
Depending upon the measurements of knots per meter, DTY yarn can be of various types.
- Non intermingle: It has 0 to 10 knots per meter
- Semi intermingle: It has 40 to 50 knots per meter
- High intermingle: It has 100 to 120 knots per meter
All these DTY yarns are created by using specific intermingling nozzles, while the yarns are subjected to desirable intermingling pressure as well.
In various areas and different sectors, DTY yarns can be used in the replacement of those conventional and natural yarns. Apart from those traditional uses, this yarn can also be used in specified technical applications.
Properties of DTY yarn:
- DTY yarn has good insulation capacity. This makes it best suited for any use in electrical equipment or any heating materials as well.
- DTY yarns are very lightweight. That's why those are preferred in every use possible. Because it becomes easier and more feasible to use these yarns instead of those heavy conventional yarns.
- No matter what we use, we want it to be durable, isn't it? DTY yarns have higher wear and tear resistance when compared to traditional yarns. So it lasts long, that's why it is preferred more irrespective of the situation.
- DTY yarns have comparatively lower moisture content. That's why it can be used for a longer period, it takes less time to get dried.
- As it is made by twisting and texturing polyester yarns, it gives a mat look. This appearance makes the fabric look elegant and classy. It also gives a prime feeling.
- These yarns have good covering properties. This makes it suitable for some specific uses.
- Using doped dyed technology or the traditional drying method, DTY yarn can be created in different colors. This makes it suitable for use in the fashion industry because designers want a variety of colors to choose from.
Uses of DTY yarn:
There are varieties of sectors in which DTY yarns are used.
- These are used as seat covers due to their mat look and stretchable nature.
- Due to its classy look and varieties of colors, DTY yarns are used in home furnishings.
- When it comes to garments, DTY yarn is used in undergarments and skin clinging garments because it feels comfortable and smooth.
- In woven and knitted fabrics, DTY yarns are used.
- These are also used for upholstery purposes.
DTY yarn is in high demand due to its varieties and some specific properties like high insulation and lower moisture content in comparison to others. This is produced in large amounts in China, India, Taiwan, Indonesia and Malaysia. All these countries fulfill the demand of the whole world by exporting yarns. Looking at this, it is obvious that the international market of DTY yarn has a great future. The demand is also increasing day by day because people are shifting to fabrics for various uses instead of garments.