You are here
Doable steps to terminate QuickBooks Error the File Exists
- 16 reads
QuickBooks performs exceptionally well in tracking day-to-day sales, recording transactions, employee payroll, and other financial tasks it is capable of. Users can rely on QuickBooks for efficient accounting, which can help them grow their businesses. Irrespective of these qualities, QuickBooks can sometimes foster internal errors that can obstruct many financial tasks in the software. QuickBooks Error the File Exists creates a problem for the user while opening a company file or running the software. If you are also unable to access your company file or run QuickBooks on your PC due to this error, keep reading the blog to learn about why it occurs and appropriate ways to rectify it.
Get in touch with QB professionals at 1-855-856-0042 for swift elimination of file exists error in QuickBooks.
About the issue
The File Exist message is an error that forbids the user from opening a company file of the software on their PC. This mainly occurs when the specified file you are trying to open is already accessed by some other program or QuickBooks can’t access it due to insufficient permissions. As soon as you try to open QuickBooks or access a company file in it, it throws an error message that reads “QuickBooks Error the File Exists.” This error must be fixed to run the software on your PC.
Recommended to read: How to fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Some of the reasons this error emerges in the software are-
- The installation file you are using was damaged or corrupted during the download, and the issues are the consequences of it.
- The UAC settings are not allowing the installation of a new program on your PC.
The methods that’ll help you get over this error in QuickBooks are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Configure the User Account Control settings
The User Account Control settings are a security measure that prevents unwanted programs from getting installed on your PC and making changes to it. This prevents malicious threats from entering the system and affecting your data. It would be best if you allowed QuickBooks to bypass the UAC settings for by referring to the steps below-
- Go to the search panel on your taskbar and open the control panel.
- Choose the User accountsoption and click User Accounts again in the next Window.
- Select the Change User Account Control settings
- Shift the slider to Never notifyto turn off the UAC settings and move the slider to Always Notify to turn on the UAC Settings again.
- Retry installing QuickBooks after turning off the UAC settings.
If the errors still exist, go for the following method below-
Solution 2- Utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
QuickBooks Tool hub consists of tools that help the users by automatically fixing some minor issues. Make sure the Tool hub is updated to the latest release and follow the steps given below-
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC and click on Installation issues.
- Select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the options.
- Wait for the process to finish and reboot your PC.
The error will be fixed, and you’ll now be able to install QuickBooks without any errors.
These are the details you need to know about QuickBooks Error the File Exists. The reasons for this error were also included in the blog accompanying the methods to eliminate it. We expect you easily execute the methods to resolve the error.
If you have any issues regarding the troubleshooting, reach out to a QB ProAdvisor support team available at 1-855-856-0042.
Hands-on approaches to counter QuickBooks error 1723
Add new comment