You are here
Connection has been lost QuickBooks Error| Let’s Fix it
QuickBooks accounting software has the QuickBooks Database Server Manager feature to access company files in multi-user mode. The database server manager feature is useful; however, prone to errors, especially due to the usage of outdated software. You generally see the connection has been lost QuickBooks error message due to the outdated Windows or firewall software. Updating the firewall software can fix the error in most cases. In case updating firewall doesn’t fix the error, there are several other solutions to the error you can try. The information given below in this article explains several other solutions to the error with the causes. Read this article till the end to know the solution to the error that will best suit your situation.
If you require any kind of help with the error’s troubleshooting, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get in touch with a QuickBooks expert
How to Fix QuickBooks Connection has been Lost Error?
Add Firewall Port Exception for QuickBooks
The error might get triggered due to the firewall preventing QuickBooks from connecting to the company file. Adding a firewall port exception for QuickBooks will stop the firewall from interrupting QuickBooks connection to the server and the company file. Follow the steps given below to add the firewall port exception:
- Open the Windows Start menu and enter Windows Firewall in the search box.
- Select the first option from the search result that is the Windows firewall.
- Click the Advanced settings options from the left pane.
- Then select the Inbound Rules option.
- Choose New Rule from the right pane.
- Checkmark the Programs checkbox then, select the This program path checkbox.
- Browse the file location of QuickBooks and then select Next.
- Then checkmark allow the connection checkbox and click the Next button.
- After that, select all the checkboxes visible on the window screen and choose Next again.
- Create a name for the rule, and then select Finish.
- Finally, follow all the steps mentioned above again for the outbound rule under the advanced settings window.
Issues with the QuickBooks installation file can trigger the multi-user error and stop QuickBooks Desktop Server Manager from connecting to the company file. You can resolve the error by repairing the QuickBooks installation files. The steps to repair QuickBooks are given below:
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows key + R together on the keyboard.
- Enter appwiz.cpl in the text box and click the OK button.
- Search QuickBooks from the list of installed programs.
- Then click the uninstall\change tab.
- Select Continue, then choose Next.
- After that, click Repair and select Next again.
- Once the repair is done, select the Finish button.
- Finally, restart your computer.
We conclude this article by giving a brief explanation of the information given above. The article aims to explain the solutions to the connection has been lost QuickBooks error with the causes in the simplest words. The solution includes adding a firewall port exception for QuickBooks and repairing QuickBooks installation files. If the solutions above didn’t help you resolve the error, you could reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install tool to fix the error. If the error is still not fixed, dial 1-855-856-0042 and get immediate help from a QuickBooks expert.