You are here
Best Ways to Resolve Turbotax Error 70001
There are multiple recent errors in TurboTax. Some of the most frequent ones are TurboTax Error 70001, TurboTax HSA Error, and TurboTax Error 42016. Accounting Error Solution helps you to resolve such errors. Let’s walk you through resolving the TurboTax Error 70001.
How to Fix TurboTax Error 70001
There are a few methods to resolve the TurboTax Error 70001. You can perform any of the following methods to fix the situation of TurboTax.
A. Method One: Update Antivirus Program
Malware, PC virus, phishing ware, and other unusual programs can cause the runtime error of TurboTax software. You need to update your Antivirus software regularly to avoid TurboTax Error 70001.
B. Method Two: Runtime Library Re-installation
The Microsoft VC runtime files are highly crucial to run the TurboTax software on your Windows PC. Perform the following steps to fix the issue:
- By going to Programs and Features, remove the MS Visual C++ runtime package from the PC.
- Tap on the Uninstall button on the top of the list, and when it is done, restart your PC.
- Next, download and install the latest MS VC Runtime redistributable package from the Microsoft website.
C. Method Three: Detect the TroubleCausing App and Remove It
- From the Task Bar open Start Task Manager by right-clicking on it.
- On the Applications tab, you will see currently active applications on your Windows PC.
- In the order, they appear, click on one and then right-click.
- Then tap on Go to Process and you will see the active process file.
- Right-click now and then select End Process.
- Then, try to run TurboTax and see if the issue appears or not.
- Keep closing all the apps till the issue resolves.
- When you are able to identify which app is causing the issue, remove the app from the PC.