You are here
Best Techniques to Fix QuickBooks Error OLSU 1024
QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 is a commonly seen error when users attempt to link their online bank accounts in the QuickBooks Desktop application. A user might get the following error message of the error code 1024, which reads, “An error occurred while updating the branding files! Please restart the Online Banking Setup Wizard to initiate the update process again.” Generally, such kinds of QuickBooks banking errors get triggered when the QuickBooks Desktop application gets outdated. However, there can be other reasons also that we are going to discuss further in this post alongside their troubleshooting solutions.
Looking for troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks error OLSU 1024? If yes, get in touch with our QuickBooks error experts by dialing our customer support number +1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 6143
What are the reasons that can prompt QuickBooks error OLSU 1024?
Apart from the outdated QuickBooks Desktop, there can be a number of reasons that can prompt QuickBooks error OLSU 1024, such as:
- When the Financial Institution directory ( the fidir.txt file) that contains the bank information gets outdated.
What should be done to fix QuickBooks error OLSU 1024?
Solution 1) Get the QuickBooks Desktop application updated
- Open the Windows Start menu, type “QuickBooks” in the search bar, and right-click QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Run as administrator option from the drop-down list of options.
- If prompted, enter the Windows username and password.
- Now, open the Windows File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys on the keyboard.
- In the Windows File Explorer, navigate the following path to access the company file: C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files
- Right-click the company file (with the .qbw extension) and then press & hold the Alt key on the keyboard.
- Now, choose the Open option from the drop-down list of options.
Note: Keep your finger on the Alt key unless the No Company Open window appears on the screen.
- On the No Company Open window, go to the Help menu and select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- On the Update QuickBooks window, go to the Options tab and click on the Mark All option.
- Select the Update Now tab and check-mark the Reset Update checkbox.
- Click on the Get Updates button.
- Once the updates of QuickBooks Desktop are downloaded, open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Yes option on the Install Updates pop-up.
- At last, restart the system.
Solution 2) Update the Financial Institution directory to the latest version
Rename the filename of the Financial Institution directory:
- Press Windows +E key to open the Windows File Explorer.
- In the Windows File Explorer, navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- In the filist folder, look for the file named fidir.txt and right-click it.
- Choose the Rename option from the drop-down list of options.
- Change the file name “fidir.txt” to “fidir.old”
Get the latest version of the fidir.txt file on the system:
- At first, get the latest version of the fidir.txt file on the system.
- Right-click the downloaded fidir.txt file and then select the Copy option.
- Open the Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX\Components\OLB\branding\filist
- Right-click on any empty screen space and choose the Paste option to locate the new fidir.txt file in the filist folder.
In case you are unable to resolve QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 even after implementing the steps mentioned above in the post, then there is a great possibility that QuickBooks Desktop files have been damaged or corrupted. Our recommendation for you to repair QuickBooks Desktop for Windows or get in touch with QuickBooks error experts by dialing at 1-855-856-0042. Our QuickBooks professionals will make the entire troubleshooting process a piece of cake for you.
Recommended to Read :QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF