Amy Schumer American Stand-up comedian, Actress, Producer | Quotations
Amy Beth Schumer is an American Stand-up comedian, actress, writer and producer. She was born on June 1, 1981 on Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York. Gordon Schumer and Sandra Schumer are parents of Amy Schumer and she has a younger sister, Kim Caramele and a half-brother, Jason Stein. Amy Schumer father is second cousin to U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer. Amy Schumer is an American and is of white ethnicity. Schumer’s comedy is revealing, cutting, relationships, touching on inequality in a way that few comics have dared to try. Amy Schumer is best known for creating the hit show “Inside Amy Schumer” and the Movie “TrainWreck” and she also author of the “The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo”.
Early Life of Amy Schumer:
Amy Schumer father was the owner of a successful furniture company, in her early years the family was really wealthy. When she was nine years old her father was diagnosed with multiple Sclerosis and her family went bankrupt. Amy Schumer parents were divorced and she moved to Long Island with her mother.
Education Life of Amy Schumer:
Schumer attend South Side High School in Rockville Centre, New York and she was voted “Teacher’s Worst Nightmare” and “Class Clown” upon graduating in 1999. After high school she attends Towson University with a degree in theater in 2003. After graduation she came back to New York and she started stand-up comedy.
Career Life of Amy Schumer:
- After completion of her graduation. She started stand-up comedy on June 1, 2004; her first performance is the Gotham Comedy club.
- In 2007 Amy Schumer first breakthrough performance came on the fifth season of “Last Comic Standing”.
- In 2008 she finished second on the reality show Parody “Reality Bites Back,” hosted by comedian Michael Ian Black.
- She appeared in an advertising campaign for Butterfinger In 2009.
- Schumer’s career took a big leap when she starred in her own half-hour “Comedy Central Presents” special in 2010.
- In 2011, Amy Schumer served as a Co-host of “A Different Spin with Mark Hoppus” and released a standup comedy album, “Cutting”.
- In 2012 she acted three films: The Independent comedy price check, the independent comedy Sleepwalk with me and the comedy-drama seeking a friend for the End of the world and she also appeared on the “Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen” in September 2011 and The “Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne Barr” in August 2012.
In 2013, Comedy Central premiered Schumer's sketch comedy show "Inside Amy Schumer."
- In 2014, she was picked up for a second season of “Inside Amy Schumer”.
- In 2015, she hosted the MTV movie awards and Schumer wrote and played her first film role in “Train Wreck”, co-starring Bill Hader, which was released on July 17, 2015.
- In 2016, Schumer nominated for Emmy awards for outstanding variety special, Directing and Writing and she is the author of a 2016 memoir entitled “The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo”.
Amy Schumer has been friends with Taking Back Sunday drummer Mark O’Connell since she was a child. Schumer has dated with Wrestler Dolph Ziggler and comedian Anthony Jeselnik. Schumer revealed she was in a relationship with Chicago furniture designer Ben Hanisch in January 2016. In May 2017 her representative announced that the relationship had ended.
Best Quotations from Amy Schumer:
“The moments that make life worth living are when things are at their worst and you find a way to laugh”.
- “I went home with this French guy because he said something adorable like, ‘I have an apartment.'”
- “I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.”
- “I will speak and share and f*ck and love and I will never apologize to the frightened millions who resent that they never had it in them to do it. I stand here and I am amazing, for you. Not because of you. I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself. And I am all of you, and I thank you.”
- “I feel very comfortable in my own skin. When someone makes jokes about me being heavy, it makes me mad. It’s not true. I’m right where I should be.”
- “It’s work having a vagina. Guys don’t think that its work but it is. You think it shows up like that to the event? It doesn’t. Every night it’s like getting it ready for its first Quinceanera, believe me.”
- “Don’t feel bad for me. I think I’m, like, so pretty.”
- “Boxing is like stand-up. Getting hit in boxing really made me feel stronger as a stand-up, because it’s like having your worst fears happen to you. That gives you power, because you’re no longer scared of it happening anymore. You got hit, and it hurt, but you’re okay.”
- “You feel like such a dirty whore buying Plan B. It is so embarrassing because it’s over the counter but you have to ask your pharmacist, and they know what you want but they make you ask. They’re looking at me, I’m like, ‘You see where my eyeliner is just give it to me.'”
“I may sound like a megalomaniac, but I feel like I’m equipped to become a great, memorable comedian, if I keep working my ass off and staying at the pace I’m at, and I feel a responsibility to do that because of the women who have done it before me, and the ones who need to do it after me.”
- “I just say what I think is the funniest thing I could say. I’m not trying to make headlines. I’m just trying to say the stuff that I think is funny and will make people laugh.”
- “Nothing good ever happens in a blackout. I’ve never woken up and been like, ‘What is this Pilates mat doing out?'’
- “I think of myself as a fairly attractive girl and always have, thanks to my mom. I was brought into this world thinking I was gorgeous because my mother was extremely devoted to this notion.”
- “I am a hot-blooded fire and I am fearless.”
- “I like making things. I like working on them. I want people to see them. But I’m not so excited to leave my apartment the day after they do.”
- “It’s been a life-altering year. But I guess every year for everyone is a life-altering year.”
- “I have an excuse, actually, why I’ve been drinking so much. I haven’t said this out loud yet – this is exciting – I’m drinking for two. Thank you, wow. I mean, just for now. Somebody’s being evicted.”
- “I am a woman with thoughts and questions and shit to say.”
- “All my friends are getting married. I guess I’m just at that age where people give up."