You are here
All you need to know about QuickBooks error 15103
- 35 reads
QuickBooks payroll services allow users to track sales, expenses, manage salaries and employee benefits, and many more. To use the feature efficiently, users need to update QuickBooks Desktop and payroll. While doing so, users sometimes get payroll errors. In this blog, we will discuss about the most occurring QuickBooks error 15103. It arises when the payroll update file is damaged or corrupted and the Internet Explorer feature to verify digital signature stops working. Read the complete blog carefully for more information on QuickBooks payroll error 15103, why it appears and how to fix it.
Need direct human assistance to resolve QuickBooks error 15103, call us on our toll-free number +1 800-417-5147 and have words with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Main causes of QuickBooks Desktop error 15103
It is crucial to know what triggers the error before following the troubleshooting steps to resolve it. Here we have listed some primary reasons behind the error. Have a look:
1. The user does not have administrative rights required to update QuickBooks Desktop and payroll.
2. The firewall and internet security settings are blocking the update.
Proceed to the next section of the blog for quick fixes to resolve the error.
Quick Ways to Rectify QuickBooks payroll error 15103
Solution 1. Fix payroll error by running Quick Fix my Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
1. Make sure all the QuickBooks company files are closed.
2. Exit QuickBooks and download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
3. Save the file somewhere you can easily access it, such as the Downloads folder.
4. Open the folder, locate the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file and open it.
5. Start installing the tool hub by following the step-wise instructions and selecting the terms and conditions checkbox.
6. Once the tool hub installs completely, go to desktop and double-click its icon.
7. When it opens, move to the Program Problems tab and click Quick Fix my Program.
8. Now, open QuickBooks and the company file.
If the update error recurs, try the next solution.
Read more :-
Solution 2. Get a new digital signature certificate
1. Open the folder containing QuickBooks program files. The location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
2. Look for the QBW32.exe file, right-click it and choose Properties.
3. Choose the Digital Signature tab, scroll through the signature list and select Intuit.
4. Choose Details and go to the Digital Signature Details window.
5. From there, click View Certificate.
6. Next, move to the Certificate window and click Install Certificate.
7. Click Next and then the Finish button.
8. Restart your device, open QuickBooks, and try to download the update again.
If the same error continues, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Switch to Selective startup mode and fresh install QuickBooks
Switching to selective startup mode resolves issues that arise while installing and uninstalling QuickBooks. Before starting the process, back up your company file and save a copy of the QuickBooks license and product info.
1. Start your device in selective startup mode. Here’s how:
- Open the Run dialog box. Within it, write msconfig and click OK.
- Move to the General tab, choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- From the Service tab, select Hide all Microsoft services and then Disable all.
- Uncheck the Windows Installer checkbox and select Windows Installer.
- Click OK and then Restart.
2. Clean install QuickBooks.
3. Now shift to the Normal startup mode:
- Open the Run command by pressing the Windows and R keys together.
- Within the Run dialog box, write msconfig and click OK.
- Go to the General tab, choose Normal startup, and click OK.
- Move to the System Configuration window and choose Restart.
That’s all we can do to help you overcome QuickBooks error 15103. We are optimistic that the troubleshooting techniques given in the blog will help you fix the error. If you face any issues while performing the steps, feel free to contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1 800-417-5147.
Related article :- QuickBooks error 15240
Add new comment