You are here
4 Effective Ways To Rectify QuickBooks Error 6010-100
You may often end up with QuickBooks error 6010-100 while trying to install the QuickBooks software. It’s because it evokes a need to reinstall the program. Whenever the issue takes place, an error message displays on your screen that says,
“Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Try re-installing QuickBooks and then try again” (-6010, 100).”
It may occur due to various reasons that we have listed later in this blog. Besides, we have also mentioned the resolution methods that can help you fix such causes.
Is the QuickBooks Desktop error 6010, 100 restricting you from installing your accounting software? If yes, you may give us a call on our Toll-Free Number +1(855)-856-0053. Our experts are available 24X7 at your service.
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
Below we have mentioned several reasons that may trigger QuickBooks error 6010-100 in QuickBooks:
- You might have detached the network data (.ND) file from the corresponding QuickBooks company (.QBW) file and transaction log (.TLG) file.
- Error 6010 while installing QuickBooks desktop may take place due to registry issues of the QuickBooks.
- Antivirus applications such as ESET NOD32 or Internet security service don't allow QuickBooks to access the network and system resources.
- You might have accidentally deleted essential QB files.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Installation Error 6010 100?
To get rid of the QuickBooks error message -6010, 100, you need to rectify the possible causes that trigger this error code. For that, you may follow the below-mentioned solutions to resolve to install error in QuickBooks:
Solution 1: Restore Your Company File
For performing this resolution method, you may follow the steps listed below:
At first, you have to open the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Now, search for the QuickBooks company file that has a .QBW extension.
- Right-click on the file and click on Copy.
- Then, navigate to the Desktop and paste the file that you have copied earlier.
- Press the CTRL key for opening the company file.
- It will open up the No Company Open window.
- At last, click on the option Open or restore an existing company.
Check if the QuickBooks error 6010-100 is resolved. If the solution does not fix the error, then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Stop Hosting Multi-User Access
Follow the below-given steps to switch to the single-user mode:
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks software and Restart your system.
- Press the CTRL key and click on the QB icon for opening the application to run it without opening the company file.
- Click on Utilities under the File tab and select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option.
- Click on Yes and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Lastly, restart QB and check for the status of QB Install error 6010, 100. If the error persists, you must jump to the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 3: Rename Network Data (.ND) File
You may end up with QuickBooks Company File Error 6010-100 due to a damaged or discontinued .ND file while installing QuickBooks. To resolve it, you need to rename the file with the same name as the company file .ND extension.
- To begin, open the folder in which you have stored your company file and select the corresponding network device .ND file.
- Then, right-click .ND file and select the Rename option.
- Now, add .OLD at the end of the file name and then close the QuickBooks.
- In the end, restart QuickBooks once again and verify if the procedure helped to resolve the issue or not.
You may jump to the next method if you are still getting QuickBooks Error Code 6010-100.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
Simultaneously, press the Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run Window.
- Now, enter the command Control Panel in the search bar of the Run Window.
- After that, search for QuickBooks under the Programs and Features list and click Uninstall/Change.
- To complete the uninstallation process, you may follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then, you have to download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from an official website.
- Open QB Clean Install Tool and click on I Accept on the license agreement page.
- Lastly, you may follow the instructions displayed on your screen to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks on your Desktop.