You are here
2 Simple Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error
QuickBooks Database Server Manager allows users to simultaneously access the company file stored on server computer on different workstations. Unfortunately, the service gets hampered when QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue arises. Sometimes, the users get an error message on the screen displaying, “Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer.” The user might encounter the issue because of the firewall’s interruption with the server manager. Read the entire blog carefully to learn more about QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed to start error, its causes, and solutions.
If your QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped and you need guidance to fix it, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430
Instances when QuickBooks Database Server Manager failed to start
Following are the primary reasons behind the issue:
QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not installed on the server computer or is damaged.
- QuickBooks Desktop application is damaged or corrupted and needs repair.
Now, proceed to the following quick fixes.
Steps to Overcome Qbdbmgrn not running on this computer error
Method 1. Repair the damaged QuickBooks Desktop application
You might encounter the issue because of the damaged QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the steps given below and repair the program to resolve the error:
- Press the Windows and R keys together.
- Tap Enter, and the Run window shows up on the screen.
- Scroll through the list of applications and find QuickBooks.
- Select QuickBooks and then uninstall it by clicking Uninstall/Change button.
- Click Continue and then Next to uninstall successfully.
- Click Repair.
If you still get the error, proceed to the following method.
You may also Read : QuickBooks error 80070057
Method 2. Fix network issues with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The following will guide you through running the File Doctor Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub:
- Close QuickBooks and get the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once the download completes, open the Downloads folder and then the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Start installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Follow the prompt steps, mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox, and click Finish.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking its icon.
- Choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Scroll through the drop-down menu and choose your company file.
- Mark the middle, check your file option.
- When asked, enter login credentials and click Next.
- Let the tool resolve network issues.
If you are still facing the QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped issue after following the above steps, try to clean install QuickBooks Database Server Manager. You can also contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.
Related Article : QuickBooks error h505