100 % Working Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Has Stopped Working Error
As a business owner, you might not disagree with the fact that accounting plays a major role in making a business successful. And for that, having reliable and versatile bookkeeping and financing software is imperative. Being used by thousands of solopreneurs and SMEs, QuickBooks is garnering respect from all over the world. QuickBooks provides its users with several powerful features and tools that can manage almost all accounting activities. However, no matter how perfectly designed and beneficial to use QuickBooks is, using it is not free from errors and technical glitches. QuickBooks has stopped working error is among the common errors that many users often face while trying to work with QuickBooks Desktop. In this post, we are going to discuss with you the reasons that often prompt such an error and the solutions to rectify it.
Are you looking for immediate troubleshooting help to resolve QuickBooks has stopped working error? If yes, don’t hesitate to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What are the reasons triggering QuickBooks has stopped working error?
The followings are the reasons that usually prompt QuickBooks has stopped working error:
- Any installation file of QuickBooks Desktop is corrupted.
- There is some damage done to the program files of the QuickBooks Desktop.
What should you do to rectify QuickBooks has stopped working error?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub application
- At first, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub application (220.127.116.11).
- Select the download file called QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then do as per the instructions you see on the computer.
- To finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application.
- From the left panel, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Under the Fix My Installation Issues sections, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and let the tool run.
- Once the tool is done repairing installation issues, try to install or update QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Quick Fix my Program tool
- Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- From the left panel, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Under the Fix My Program section, select the Quick Fix my Program option and let the tool run.
If you see QuickBooks has stopped working error even after following both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then the QuickBooks program file QBWUSER.INI file might have been damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to rename the QBWUSER.INI file and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting support to resolve the crash error, contact our QuickBooks support team at 800-583-0572.