[100% Tested] Solutions for the QuickBooks XML Error
QuickBooks is an accounting tool used worldwide to serve the needs of digital bookkeeping and other financial reckonings. The interface of the software allows even non-technical or non-accounting users to use its various features easily. However, the users face frequent issues like QuickBooks XML error, which upset their tight schedule. The users often face the error while using the QB Point of Sale and the error message states - “Process could not access file C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v(x)\ Session Data.xml because it is being used by another process” or “There is an error in XML document (0,0)”. More on the issue follows in the blog below.
On a different note, if you require any external assistance to fix the POS issues, call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate help from experts.
Reasons behind the XML error in Point of Sale
There are several causes behind the QuickBooks Desktop XML error and some of them are stated below.
- The SessionData.xml file is either damaged or corrupted.
- The QB POS Entitlement Client folder is damaged.
- The user did not installed the QuickBooks Point of Sale properly.
Be it any of the aforementioned causes, you can resolve the problem by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
What are the Troubleshooting Tips to Fix the QuickBooks POS 2018 XML error?
Follow the instructions mentioned in the solutions below step by step to get rid of the QuickBooks Point of Sale XML error.
Solution- 1: Configure the Hidden Files and Folders
The error arises when the QB POS cannot read the XML file. There is a possibility that the file itself is deemed protected by the operating system and stored to the hidden files and folders. Follow the steps mentioned below to unhide it.
- Go to the File Explorer and select the Organize button.
- Choose Folder and Search Options and go the View tab.
- Click on Show Hidden Files and Folders and untick the checkbox against Hide protected system operating files.
- To confirm the action, click on Yes and select Apply.
- At last, click on OK.
Follow the next solution if the error is still showing.
Solution- 2: Repair the QB POS Application
If there are any issues with the QB Point of Sale application, a simple Windows Repair would fix them.
- Open the Run window and type appwiz.cpl in the search box.
- Press the Enter key and from the list of programs, choose QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- Click on Uninstall / Change and select Next.
- Choose the Repair option and let the process run its due course.
- At last, restart the computer system.
Once the computer opens, try to work on the QB POS again.
In the end, we would like to conclude this blog on methods to resolve the QuickBooks XML error. We hope that you find the information useful and easy to follow. However, if the problem persists, call on our technical helpline number (844)-932-1139 and get immediate assistance anytime.