Dolphin Discovery | Anguilla Bay of Islands | Swim with Dolphins
Dolphin Discovery - Discovering dolphins at Anguilla-St. Maarten is an experience that captivates our visitors and creates memories that last forever. Dolphins are sweet natured intelligent animals and they know how to share their joy with visitors; they will show their visitors how to have fun in the water. Anguilla is a warm welcoming island located in the British West Indies, approximately 6 miles from St. Maarten in the Eastern Caribbean. Anguilla is the northern-most of the Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles. Anguilla is 16 miles long and three 3 miles wide. The area of the island is 35 square miles. Dolphin Discovery Facilities Are Located In Blowing Point Beach. The ride over from St. Martin lulls visitors into a light sleep. It is a comfortable ride to get to the visiting spot.
Dolphin Discovery Group (Ddg):
DDG is a Mexican company committed to the responsible, respectful and environmental awareness while offering guests the experience of swimming with dolphins, sea lions, manatees and whale watching as part of engaging and educational programs.
Dolphin Discovery offers activities involving Dolphins, Sea lions, Manatees and Nurse Sharks. For more than 21 years, Dolphin Discovery has contributed to the study and conservation of marine mammals, creating bonds of love and respect through the interaction experience in habitats around the world.
Dolphin Discovery Programs:
Visitors are given the experience of getting close enough to hug and kiss these gentle giants.
Sea Lion Discovery:
This program not only gives visitors the opportunity to get kisses from Sea lions, but to also learn about the way they live their everyday lives, anatomy and so much more.
This activity is ideal for children. Visitors who choose this program need not swim because all the activities are done on a platform. They can touch, hug, kiss and shake hands with the dolphins. In this activity dolphins dance and sing to the visitors as the marine mammal specialist gives all the information about their lifestyle, anatomy and fun facts.
Dolphin Swim Adventure:
In this activity visitors are able to interact with dolphins, getting the chance to hug, kiss and swim with the dolphins by holding their fins as they swim backwards and getting pushed by their feet whilst on a boogie board.
Dolphin Royal Swim:
This program gives the most interaction with two dolphins at the same time. Visitors experience the foot push where the dolphins will raise visitors above the water surface by pushing from the soles of visitors’ feet, the dorsal tow etc. Visitors also get to see other behaviors from dolphins like kiss, hug, hand target, handshake and more.
Some Tips Before You Go To Dolphin Discovery:
No jewelry, watches, or cameras allowed during the interaction with dolphins.
- Children from 1 to 3 years old are free.
- Children must be over 12 years old to participate on their own; a parent or guardian must be present as an observer (please ask for availability).
- For safety reasons, guests with diabetes, recent surgeries, or injuries are not allowed to participate on this dolphin encounter, but are welcome as observers.
- Expecting mothers (up to 5 months maximum) are welcome to participate; a special release form must be signed.
- Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
- Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions, or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkelling / swimming elements.
- Guests must consult their physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
- Avoid alcohol before water activities.
- Guests get to spend 30 minutes with the dolphins. The tour includes a belly ride, boogie push, hug, hand target, kiss, and swim.
- Photos of dolphin encounters with the visitors will be available for purchase right after the interaction and only at the park.
There are many hotels and restaurants near Dolphin Discovery Anguilla. Some of them are:
- Ferryboat Restaurant and Bar
- Sunshine Shack
- Veya Restaurant
- Blanchards Beach Shack
- Anacaona Boutique Hotel
- Four Seasons Resort and Residence Anguilla
- Malliouhana, an Auberge Resort
- Meads Bay Beach Villas
- Paradise Cove Resort
- Anguilla Great House Beach Resort
- Four sessions resort and residence Anguilla
Other Tourist Attractions In Anguilla:
Top 12 rated tourist attractions in Anguilla are listed here
- Shoal Bay East
- Meads Bay Beach
- Rendezvous Bay Beach
- Maundays Bay Beach
- Sandy Ground Village
- Island Harbour
- Fountain Cavern National Park
- Anguilla Dive Sites
- Anguillita, Sandy, and Prickly Pear Islands
- The Valley
- Wallblake House
- Heritage Collection Museum
Car And Taxi:
Public Transportation in Anguilla is not there so, there are taxis which tend to be on the expensive side. Anguilla is only 16 miles and 3 miles wide so it is recommended that visitors rent a car. Once you get used to driving on the left side the rest is easy. There are for the most part only a few main roads and if you get lost a local is happy to help you out. There are several rental car places ranging in price from US$35-55 per day depending on the type of vehicle. There are Avis, Hertz, and Thrifty franchises if you are looking for a familiar name, and then there are several locally run car rental agencies which are just as dependable.
If you're not prone to seasickness, you should seriously consider taking the 25-minute ferry ride to St. Martin-St. Maarten for one day. Boats leave from Anguilla's Blowing Point dock three times a day, and you'll pay EC$54 ($20) one-way. The last boat of the day leaves St. Martin at 7 p.m. On top of the fare, you'll also pay a departure tax of EC$53.60 (about $20) and a security fee of EC$8 (approximately $3).
There is one bus service on the island that can be rented by groups of travellers. The Bus can accommodate 15 to 45 passengers for day tours and excursions.
Airports In Anguilla: