Easy Solutions to Rectify the QuickBooks Cannot Backup Company File Error
QuickBooks is a fine accounting tool widely used by small and midsize businesses to digitally and securely carry out their accounting needs. The vast number of functions run by QuickBooks and all its storage depends on the company file's efficacy. An error affecting the working data file can very well halt all the operations within the software. One such issue arises when QuickBooks cannot backup company file. When a user tries to backup multiple company files or the company file they are trying to backup is quite large in size, the error shows up on the screen with the error message stating that QuickBooks was unable to backup your company file and QuickBooks could create a disk image or could not copy the company file. In the blog below, we will look at its possible causes and solutions.
Company file errors while backing it up require a quick fix to avoid severe damage to the data. Call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 anytime to get immediate assistance on the problem 24/7.
Recommended to Read :
Causes behind the QuickBooks company file backup error
The “QuickBooks is unable to backup company file” error message can occur due to numerous reasons and some of them are mentioned below.
- There is some data damage in the company file.
- The system does not have enough space to store the backup file.
- The backup path set up by the user is wrong or no longer available.
After stating the possible reasons behind the issue, let’s find out some troubleshooting steps to fix it in the next segment.
What are the solutions to take out the QuickBooks cannot backup company file error?
Below are mentioned the steps that will help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks won’t backup company file error.
Solution- 1: Use the Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
If the company file data is corrupted, you can try running the verify and rebuild data utility to fix it by following the steps mentioned below.
- Open QuickBooks and select Utilities under the File menu.
- Next, select Verify Data and click on OK.
- If you see an error message, “Your data has failed the integrity check”, then go to the File menu again and select Utilities.
- Select Rebuild Data and choose OK.
Try backing up the company file now. If you still can’t do it, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Rename the Network Data file
The network data file is very important for good connectivity between the server and workstations. But when it is damaged, you need to rename it through the steps mentioned below.
- Go to My Computer and follow the file path - C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company File.
- Search for the files with .ND extension.
- Right-click on the file and select the Rename option.
- Add .DLO extension in the end and press Enter to save the changes.
Reopen QuickBooks and try to backup the company file again.
Here comes the end of our blog on the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks cannot backup company file error message. We hope that the information provided on the blog helps you to overcome the issue. On a different note, if that doesn't happen, feel free to call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 to get professional assistance on the issue.